After a huge buzz made by the beautiful and big brother Mi Mix, people made every try to get their hand on the smartphone. It was really beautiful and awesome as it showed up, but very few units were made my Xiaomi. Now this one made a huge crave in others to get the phone. Now, the successor Mi Mix 2 has come to the picture.
This one is still pretty huge for a lot of people, but actually a bit smaller than it predecessor. It has a 6-inch OLED display but of-course signature tiny front and side bezels. It’s a huge display about the same size as the new iPhone we’re about to see. But its way smaller and easier to grip even with one hand, and even with 6-inch display it sounds big for a phone. It isn’t that tall and narrow with approx. 80.8% aspect ratio.
So its going to be easier to reach the corner than your typical 6-inch screen. Not all 6-inch display are made same, lot of people forget that. The Mix 2 combines strength with elegance as the body is of ceramic on the back and 7-series aluminum on the sides. So it’s still super shiny fingerprint magnet and a little slippery.
Not to forget the 18k Gold plated camera ring. It is also a bit heavier than normal phones of this size, because of ceramic body. Xiaomi this time opted for a design with curved edges and fluid lines with better ergonomic experience. Now what’s so special about this Special edition?
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 special edition is available in both Black and White color made entirely out of a ceramic unibody design. This is an absolute feat on engineering, a single special edition of Mix 2 is painstakingly manufactured over a period of a week. Feels like much of Xiaomi love? But honestly this design effort by Xiaomi and world-renowned French design architect Phillipe Starck will have you floored.
The back sports a single camera with a dual-tone dual LED flash and below that there’s a fingerprint scanner. Xiaomi also skipped the 3.5mm audio jack, so we’re left with just a USB type-C port for audio and charging purpose. On the front there’s sliver of a bezel up top where Xiaomi has crammed in their sound guided speaker and ultrasonic proximity sensor. There’s a tiny black chin at the bottom with software navigation key which also hides the front facing camera and speaker grills at the bottom.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 Specifications:
- Android 7.1 Nougat OS with MIUI 9
- Dual SIM Support
- Fingerprint sensor
- 5.99 inch Full HD+ 18:9 display with 1500:1 contrast ratio, DCI-P3 color gamut
- 2160 × 1080 pixels resolution
- 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- 12 Megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone LED flash and 4-axis OIS
- Ultra HD 4K video recording
- 5 Megapixel front-facing camera with facial recognition
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC and USB Type-C
- 3400mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging support
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 Price:
The Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 was launched in China in three storage and RAM variants:
1. 6GB RAM/ 64GB storage (roughly Rs.32,300),
2. 6GB RAM/ 128GB storage at (roughly Rs.35,300),
3. 6GB RAM/ 256GB storage at (roughly Rs.39,200).
Xiaomi had also unveiled the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 Special Edition with 8GB of RAM, 128GB storage, and a full ceramic body, at CNY 4,699 (roughly Rs.46,000). However, in India the phone is available at the price of Rs. 32,999.