Samsung Galaxy S3 is a good android phone that gives you a overall feature of gaming and multimedia usage. It has a amazing 4.8-inch Super AMOLED capacitive display. It offer you a very smooth touch support. It has as Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9 processor with 1GB RAM. The phone is having enough hardware to run the latest Android Kitkat Rom. It comes with Android 4.0 (ICS) OS. Now here is a chance through which you can just add the Kitkat 4.4.2 Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S3. This firmware is taken from Samsung Galaxy S5.
Galaxy S5 is the latest model with many new feature that will help you to get amazing output. But many phones are still running on a old firmware. Luckily there is a way available through which you can simply port the Samsung Galaxy S5 Kitkat firmware on Samsung Galaxy S3. It works nice and smooth. It is also stable and give you many benefits over the exiting rom. Remember this is a custom installation process. This need rooting and your pone will lose warranty. The new firmware brings Samsung Galaxy S5 notification sounds, ringtone, boot animation, default wallpapers and S5 status bar. It will also give you a full Samsung Galaxy S5 UI.
- To install the custom rom you need to root your device. Ensure that your phone is rooted. If not then root it and re-verify by root checker app.
- After rooting install a god backup software in your phone. Use that to backup everything. You can back up the sms and other required stuff. You can use Nandroid backup to make a copy of existing rom. This will help you to restore it when things are not working fine.
- Go in Settings > Development and enable usb debugging from there.
- Download the official Kitkat 4.4 Android Firmware.
- You will also need a SD card with more than 500MB of free space.
- Connect your device with your pc through original usb cable. Then move the Official Jellybean 4.3 XXUGNB6 Android Firmware in the sd card.
- Disconnect the phone and boot the device in custom recovery mode. Using CWM will be more easier here. you have to hold the home + volume up + power key to boot your device in recovery mode.
- From there choose Clear Data first.
- Then choose Wipe Cache again.
- Now choose install zip from sd card. You can use the volume keys to navigate.
- Select the zip file package and install it. Wait back until he process is over. It will take some time to complete the installation. Once done just reboot your phone and enjoy the new S5 rom.