Installing Cyanogen Mod 7 – Method 1:ROM Manager:
1. Install the downloaded ROM Manager in your device. After installation, Run it that brings you to the following Image.
2. Press OK (accept) and move ahead. Press OK again on the next screen where it displays a new features announcement.
3. Now from the Main menu of Rom Manager, simply click on ‘Download ROM’ , than Tap on CyanogenMod option.
4. Here you get the option to download the Cyanogen with various versions. Here I must say that though Cyanogen’s latest version is v7 but it wont work in many of the Android Devices. Hence you can even download any earlier versions like v4,v5 or v6. Fortunately v7 is compatible with my Motorola Droid 2 hence I download the same.
5. Just after you select the Mod option here, DON’T FORGET to select the Google Apps option from the ROM Addons. Because if you dint select these addons, you will not get Android Market, Gtalk, Gmail, etc after installing Cyanogen.
6. Once you are done with the above step, wait for few minutes, depending on your WiFi speed because here your device will download about 90MB of files.
7. As soon as the download process gets completed you will get a new ROM Pre-Installation where you can order the system to select Backup Existing ROM and Wipe Data and Cache.
8. Just Click Ok to put you device into ClockworkMod for the further installation. Don’t panic of your device restarts here as it is in the process. If in case you are asked for the root permissions, check to remember and then allow.
9. Now wait for some time so that the installation gets completed itself. You don’t need to do anything here. Just watch your screen with many weird text and colorful lines.
10. Once the installation is finished, your mobile will restart again and you will see a new Screen on your device as shown in the image below.
11. On just the next screen, you need to follow the onscreen instruction to complete the device setup, and you are done.
12. Hurrayy ! Now your device is successfully running on the new CyanogenMod 7.