- User Interface
- Data Recovery
- Bootable Media
- Supported Devices and File types
[dropcap]T[/dropcap]he Data Recovery tools are one of the most important stuffs you need if you carry GBs of important data with you on your Laptop, or Portable drives, USB, or SD Cards, etc. Data loss can occur of several reasons like accidentally deletion, drive corruption, drive damage, and so on. So, to get them back, we need feature pack Recovery tool. Now, that’s a good challenge because the tool must be not only feature packed but also easy to understand and fast. At the same time, you also need to check your wallet weight to spend for those tools.
Today, we are going to review a Data Recovery tool which is not only easy to use and loaded with features, but is also completely free. Yeah, you read correct. It is absolutely Free.
We are Reviewing EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 11.9 (Free)
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a premium recovery software compatible with both Windows and MacOs, that lets you get your lost data comfortably in few minutes. It is also available in Free version but with a limitation. You will be able to recover only upto 500MB of lost data, while the paid version will let you recover unlimited data with lifetime support and upgrade. It is of course a better option if you have to work on GBs of data.
But if you have less than 2GB data to recover, such as documents, songs, or bunch of any those small sized files, then the Free version of EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is best choice for you. Wait a minute, are you wondering why i wrote 2GB while first i said it offers upto 500MB only in free version? Well, the good news is EaseUS offers you 1.5GB as bonus when you share this tool with your friends. That comes up to 2GB Recovery limit with any cost.
You can download this free data recovery software for Windows or MacOs from below links right away.
[box type=”download” align=”alignleft” class=”” width=”100%”]Latest Version: V11.9 (released on Dec. 27, 2017)
- Support recovering data from ReFS partition.
- Preview is available for all types of pictures.
EaseUS Data Recovery Highlights:
- Data recovery from Deleted partition,Formatted partition, Hidden partition, Damaged partitions.
- Recovers from Partition loss due to repartition, boot manager, improper clone, system restore, disk accident etc.
- Data recovery from crashed partition, corrupt partition due to Virus, recovers from crashed system
Deleted File Recovery
- Recovers the accidentally deleted files.
- Recovers ‘Shift+Deleted’ files without backup
- Recovers emptied files from Recycle Bin
RAW Hard Drive Recovery
- RAW partition or disk that displays as RAW or ‘Media/Drive is not formatted, would you like to format now?’
- Severe corruption for unexpected power-off, software crash, turning off storage media during writing process, improperly pulling out SD card
- Other scenarios including device initialization, virus attack, Memory/SD card. ‘Access Denied’ or can’t be read, media card error, factory setting of device without backup etc.
As i said earlier, personally i found EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard as the most easy to understand tool which can be used by any newbie too. It doesn’t requires any expertise. As soon as launch the software, you see all your Internal and external drives listed on your display. On the next step, it lets you select file types like only videos, or pictures or documents you want to recover or all file types. You can preview and click Recover to get your lost file. It is as simple as that.
Using EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, you can recover data from laptops, servers, PCs, USB drives, SD cards, digital camera, memory cards, and more. It supports file recovery from deleted partitions, formatted partition, damaged partitions, Raw partition or even corrupted partition due to Virus attack. You can even recover from damaged SD card or accidentally deleted files even it is deleted from recycle bin.
It includes only 3 simple steps to recover your lost data using this software. As said above, the first screen you see on launching the tool is Disk Drives where you want to run recovery. On next screen, you get several options on the top with checkbox including All File types, Graphics, Audio, Documents, Video, etc. Obviously this lets you speed up the process by selecting any particular file type to Scan, instead of scanning the file types.
If you are scanning huge drives/partitions such as your C drive, then it also gives you option to scan particular folder to the entire disk. When you find your file to recover, simply select it and click on the Recover button at the bottom right corner. It will let you choose location where to put the recovered data. Furthermore, the tool also lets you back up your Scan results at any safe location so that you can Recover more files from the last scan later. It saves the backup results in RSF file which you need to run next time.
While performing the Scan, you can go with the Quick one or the Deep Scan. Quick Scan is very fast but it will not bring all files, whereas Deep Scan brings up everything which was ever stored on that particular drive. I have used some more similar softwares, but in terms of speed comparison, i must say, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard was a bit faster.
This feature is designed to solve system bootable problems when starting the recovery project. However, you will need to login in the system to start the process. Sometimes, it might become impossible. But remember, EaseUS lets you recover data even from Formatted partition.
So, what you can do is Re-install your dead / un-bootable system and then run the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to Recover your lost data. However, since this tool keeps the original folder structure intact, you might loose some data after re-installing the operating system because it overwrites your existing data clusters.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard supports almost all storage format from where you can recover your lost data.
- Hard Drive
- External Disk
- USB Drive
- Micro Card
- Memory Card
- Digital Camera
- Mobile Device
- Music Player
- Video Player
- CF/SD Card
- Zip Drive
- Pen Drive
- And more
Supported File types
- Documents: DOC/DOCX, XLS/XLSX, PPT/PPTX, PDF, CWK, HTML/HTM, INDD, EPS, etc.
- Graphics: JPG/JPEG, TIFF/TIF, PNG, BMP, GIF, PSD, CRW, CR2, NEF, ORF, SR2, MRW, DCR , WMF, RAW, SWF, SVG , RAF, DNG, etc.
- Videos: AVI, MOV, MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, MKV, ASF, FLV, SWF, MPG, RM/RMVB, MPEG etc.
- Audio: AIF/AIFF, M4A, MP3, WAV, WMA, APE, MID/MIDI, RealAudio, VQF,FLV, MKV, MPG, M4V, RM/RMVB, OGG, AAC, WMV,APE etc.
- Email: PST, DBX, EMLX, etc.(from Outlook, Outlook Express etc.)
- Others: Such as Archives(ZIP, RAR, SIT, ISO etc.), exe, html, SITX etc.
There are a bunch of recovery tools available and they all have something special in that. Even i have used many of them. The more features you want, the more it costs. Usually the free ones are not as effective or they don’t offer everything you need. But in my opinion, if really don’t want to spend anything and need a better File Recovery Software, then i would recommend EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. Though they officially offer only 500MB recovery limit in the free version, but you can get up to 2GB just by sharing the software with your friends. Or else, get the Pro version which is also quite cheaper compared to most of the similar tools in the market. It was earlier $89.95, but now you can get it at just $69.95 with lifetime support and upgrades.
- Vast range of devices and file types supported
- Easy to Use user interface
- Faster in Deep Scan results
- Multiple files can be Recovered simultaneously
- Free version supports only 500MB (unless you share it with others)