Following is a short guide that allows you to root Galaxy Note 2 N700, It is being some issue with updates. But with XXALJ1 Firmware you can simply root it and get more access to the phone. Without rooting it is not possible to add any custom ROM in the phone. Some applications also failed to work which need root access. The firmware update would be on your risk. Because there can be certain issue after rooting it. So you must do that on your own risk.
Before rooting you need to backup your phone as this will wipe out everything. Backup your important contacts, phone data, email information and logs. Do not keep in the SD card. Just move it somewhere else. You can try using Titanium backup which is best recommended for backup purpose. Another thing that you need to check is that your phone must not be turned off in the rooting process. Because if that happens then your phone will be dead permanently.
You also need to enable USB Debugging mode. You can do that through Settings > Applications > Development. Once you are done with all the above stuff follow the below steps:
- Go on internet and search for Pre Rooted XXALJ1 Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Package. The link is shared on many website. You can download it and keep in it in your system.
- The next important tool that you will need is Odin Flash Software. You can also find that easy on web.
- The frimware package that I had mentioned above is very important. You must download the package properly and exactly the one I had mentioned.
- You have to put Galaxy Note in download mode. For that press the Volume down Key + Ok button + Power Button for few seconds.
- You can use the Volume Up key to choose Download Mode.
- Once your phone is in download mode run Odin.
- If everything is fine you can see a bluish column on ODIN which is mentioned as ID: Com.
- If this is not ok then do not move ahead.
- Now in the tool look for PDA. Click on that and choose the extracted firmware package.
- The firmware update will start.
It might take some time depending on the system. So wait for sometime. The phone will reboot and your phone is rooted.