Playing the latest Batman: Arkham Knight on your consoles and lost your save game files ? Dont Worry, here we bring you the solution of what to do if you lose your save files on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
Starting with PS4, if you lose your save game file while switching from one PS4 console to another, we have a perfect solution for you. Download the files from your cloud where the save game files are backed up, for the new console.
You can upload or download from the Cloud only if you have subscribed with PlayStation Plus.
Here are the steps to download save file from the Cloud save on PS4:
- Open ‘Settings’
- Open on ‘Application Saved Data Management’
- Click on ‘Saved Data in Online Storage’
- Go for the ‘Download to system storage’ option
- Pinpoint on ‘Batman: Arkham Knight’
- Choose the save file you want to download
Downloading to system storage will restore your backed up files and hence you play the directly from the level till where you have progressed. This will surely save a lot of your time and you won’t have to start the game from the beginning.
Recovering Save files on Xbox:
Moving on to Xbox One, the save games of Batman: Arkham Knight you are playing on your Xbox console will automatically be stored on the Cloud. All you need to do is have Xbox Live account, you should sign in to your account from your Xbox One console.
After that you don’t need to do anything, just sit back and play the game, once you save the game, the save game is stored on your console and also on the Cloud automatically. However you need to be connected to the internet only then your save game files will be stored on the Cloud.
Now if you lose any save game file of Batman: Arkham Knight from your console or you are playing Batman on another Xbox One console not yours, then just signing in from your Xbox Live account will automatically download all your save game files.
So you can enjoy without having to start the game again from the beginning.
On the PC as well all your save game files of Batman: Arkham Knight are backed up on Steam Cloud. So if you lose your save game files from the PC, no need to worry. All you save game files will be automatically downloaded from Steam Cloud.
Now if this automatic procedure isn’t doing its job, time to take matters in your own hand.
You can restore the files from your PC itself, just follow these steps:
- 1. Go to Documents folder
- 2. Click on Batman: Arkham Night folder
- 3. You will find a folder named with a series of numbers
- 4. Open that folder and you will find ‘SaveData’, open it.
- 5. Then click on Backup, which will be present inside the SaveData folder.
The Backup folder consists of your Steam PC backup save files of Batman: Arkham Knight. Minimize it for a while. Now you need to look out for the save games files OF Batman: Arkham Knight that have been backed up on your PC
To do that you will have to follow these steps:
- Open the Steam library
- Start Batman: Arkham Knight from there
- Don’t select anything on the Start menu of the game and just stay there
- Minimize the game, and go to ‘C Drive’ in my computer
- Select ‘Program Files(x86)’
- Open the ‘Steam’ folder
- Then open the ‘userdata’ folder
- You will see a number of files in the userdata folder of Steam accounts on your system
- Search for your Steam account number from the list of folders, open it
- In your Steam account folder, open the 208650 folder which is for Batman: Arkham Night
- You will find every save game file, which you have saved in the save slot, i.e. BAK1Save0x0.sgd & BAK1Save0x1.sgd is the 1st save slot. BAK1Save1x0.sgd & BAK1Save1x1.sgd is the 2nd save slot and further. Look out for the save file you want to restore, from the list these save game slot files. Minimize the folder for a while
To manually move the backup save game file follow these steps:
- Open the backup folder you had earlier minimized, copy the backup file with the same name i.e. BAK1Save1x0 & BAK1Save1x1 for the second slot.
- Open the Steam folder and delete the save slot files which you are going to replace
- In the Steam folder, Paste the backup save files.
- Remove time stamp of each of the backup files in the Steam folder, by renaming it
- Close the Batman: Arkham Knight game
- Now again got to Steam Game Library, open the game and choose the save slot where you have backed up your save.
- Your save game will be loaded