So here’s another episode (but first from Visceral Games) of Battlefield. It is one of the most popular game series by Electronics Art for Action and Shooting. Battlefield Hardline is the First Person Shooting game with all new story, improved gameplay and ofcourse stunning Graphics. I loved playing this game and I’m sure you will too. But it wasn’t so easy, atleast for me. From installation to playing, I came across many errors and problems but managed to fix them by simple troubleshooting. I guess you might as well come across those problems. So, thought to share the solutions for so that atleast you guys will not be wasting your time. So, let’s have a look.
The very first reason that causes errors is system rig. You must meet the system requirements mentioned by the developers of the game. Atleast the minimum requirements or the game will not work at all. So first let’s find out what are the minimum and recommended requirements.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows Vista 64 bit
- CPU: Intel Core i3-2100T 2.5GHz or AMD Athlon II X2 240
- Memory: 4 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 or AMD Radeon HD 5770 1024MB
- DirectX: DirectX 11
- HDD Space: 60 GB
Recommended System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 8 64bit or higher
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9500 2.83GHz or AMD Phenom II X6 1045T
- Memory: 8 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R9 290
- DirectX: DirectX 11
- HDD Space: 60 GB
If you have any of these gaming rig and still facing problems, than follow the below mentioned tips and troubleshooting. Hope, it will fix them all. If I miss something, you guys can post the questions below.
Unable to Install Battlefield Hardline:
This is obviously the very first error you can face when try to install the game. This can appear with both Digital as well as DVD copy. Let’s find out what could be the cause and how to fix it:
- Many times it could be your security programs installed the PC. Many Antivirus Programs (especially Norton) use to block new programs to install. You might need to disable the same, atleast for the installation period. It would be better if you can turn of the Firewall as well. Once done, run the setup again and the error must go.
- For instance, you should also disable UAC, Reboot the PC and then run the game setup.
- Remember that many times this problem gets solved itself after restarting the system. Because there use to be many applications or service that interfere. So, disable the unnecessary start-up services and programs and reboot.
- In case you still facing the problem, then most probably it could be your game DVD. Make sure it has no scratches or damaged. Try to clean it with soft cotton cloth and try installing. If it fails again, try to install on any another PC. If fails again, simply return it back from where you bought and get the replacement.
- If you are facing this error while installing with downloaded digital media, probably the downloaded file is corrupt. Download some integrity test tool from web and check the file. At last, unfortunately you might require downloading such huge file again if it won’t work at all.
Battlefield Hardline loading issue, Won’t Start or Crashes while launching:
This is the second issue you can come across after successful installation. The reason behind this use to be outdated drivers. So, what you have to do is:
- If you are using Nvidia Card, download the latest drivers from here.
- If you are using AMD ATI Card, download latest drivers from here.
Installing most recent drivers must fix the problems, it has helped me a number of times. But just in case, you are still facing the same problem, than it is the confirmed issue with DirectX. As mentioned in the requirements also, you must update DirectX to the latest version. SO go ahead and download DX from here.
UAC (User Account Control) is yet another Windows security that can cause the problem. Not just with games, but UAC interferes with many Applications also because it requires permission to launch. So the best thing is to turn off UAC. You can do it using these few steps:
- Just click on Start and then type UAC in the Search box at the bottom.
- You can see UAC settings on the top click on it and then drag the slider to the downside.
- You have to reboot your pc to apply the settings.
For better results, or when you are facing problems, you should always test out the compatibility. Now a days, we face this problem most of the time on Windows 8 (sometimes on Windows 7 also). So, better right click the respective .exe file of the game in installation directory and run the Compatibility test. System will set the best compatibility for the game itself.
Battlefield Hardline Lagging, Freezing and Low FPS Problems:
With most of the recent high end games, lagging or freezing or low FPS are the common issues and these are because the game won’t get enough resources to run properly. Let’s have a look at its troubleshooting options:
- Clear out some resources before running the game by closing unwanted applications. As you know, there use to be several programs and services running in the background, they also eat up a huge memory. So, open task Manager, right click and kill all unwanted ones except those required by the game, graphic card and Windows.
- Furthermore, you can also go to Graphic Card Control Panel and lower the settings by disabling Vsync and Antialiasing. If the game is lagging or freezing badly, you should try running the game on triple buffering and V-sync using the D3DOverrider software. Although this software is really effective but you should have knowledge of using it.
- By now the problems should have been resolved. But in case you are still getting them, than launch the game, minimize it (don’t close), open Task Manager again, go to Processes Tab, and right click respective process for Hardline and set its Priority to High or RealTime. That’s it. There should be no more lagging or freezing and not even FPS issues if your graphic card is powerful.
Now there use to be many gamers who play the game on Steam. If you are one of them and facing these problems, than it is your Internet connection. Try to disconnect other devices running on the same connection and play the game. Furthermore, all gamers can also try Razer game booster software. It try to set the best options. Or else you can try the below one also If you are using Nvidia gpu then start Nvidia graphic card control panel. And then click on Manage 3D settings:
- Open up Power section (you can search for the same) and click power management.
- Here you have to set the option as maximum performance. Just try this and it will reduce lagging a lot.
Battlefield Hardline Crash To Desktop (CTD):
Crashing is the most annoying thing we can come across with high end games. But don’t worry. It is very similar to lagging or freezing because this happens too because of limited resources. So what you need to do is free up some resources like we did above.
- Disable antviruses, third party firewalls, and other security systems until you are running the game. Later you can enable them again. Also kill all unwanted process from system background.
- Disable startup programs to eat the RAM unnecessarily. You can do this from RUN > MSCONFIG > Startup Tab.
- If still you are facing the CTD then open up Graphics Control Panel, (for Nvidia users) go in the thread optimization section and turn it On. (for Radeon users)Open Card Control panel and uninstall catalyst control centre. You must reboot the system after doing this
Battlefield Hardline Black Screen Problem:
- Black Screen appears usually because of Out Dated Drivers. If you haven’t updated the drivers, as mentioned in above steps, then do it now.
- After installing latest drivers, better go in-game video settings and turn off VSync, anti-aliasing and filtering.
- Make sure no antivirus and unwanted programs/services running in background.
Battlefield Hardline Stuttering:
With high end games like Battlefield Hardline or Watch Dogs, Stuttering is common problem both video and audio. Here for the audio you have to work on the driver part. While for video you have to update your motherboard drivers. Just update all and run the game. It should work fine.