Metro 2033 Redux is the enhanced version of original game Metro 2033, which was released on March 2010. Metro Last Light is also the part of the game. The Metro 2033 Redux is a survival horror first person shooter game which is developed by 4A Games and it is published by DeepSilver. This game is based on the famous novel Metro which is written by Dmitry Glukhovsky. Metro 2033 Redux was launched in August 2014 and it is available for Microsoft’s Windows, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Sony PS4.
When playing the Metro 2033 Redux it was really awesome game when compared to old original version. This new Redux version gives you amazing graphics, high texture quality, physics, lightings, weather effects are just great. But not all people are able to play the game. They find some difficulties while installing, while some others are facing black screen on startup, many are also looking at crashes and many more problems. So ‘how to fix those annoying problems’, see below we have a complete solution to all of your problems. If you follow all the necessary steps given below, you would be definitely able to install and play the game.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows XP 32
- CPU: Core 2 Duo E4500 2.2Ghz or Amd Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5000+
- Memory: 2 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT OR AMD Radeon HD 3870
- DirectX: DirectX 10
- HDD Space: 10 GB
Recommended System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 7 64bit
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz or Amd II X2 270
- Memory: 6 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 OR AMD Radeon HD 7850
- DirectX: DirectX 11
- HDD Space: 10 GB
The above configuration that you just saw was for minimum and maximum systems requirements. Check with your computer if your computer measures anywhere around those configs, if yes then probably we are good to go for fixing our game issues. So let’s start with the trouble shooting guide.
Metro 2033 Redux Wont load, Won’t Start or Crashes on launch:
Now we have succeeded in installing the game and now we are facing another issue which is game is unable to start. I know after so many tries we have succeeded till her and now the game won’t start, but don’t worry we have a fix for this problem. These kinds of problems usually happen with the high end games.
Update your graphic card drivers because the drivers are really important for your graphic card. If the graphic card drivers are outdated, it will not let you play any game. So download the latest drivers from your graphic cards and down here are the link for downloading your graphic cards:
Microsoft DirectX is another reason which doesn’t let your game start and it crashes the game before getting it started. So, download and install the latest DirectX drivers for your computer and don’t forget to reboot the computer after installing. After installing the DirectX, you might still face the same issue. Now to combat that issue you should first uninstall the DirectX driver then reboot your computer and then install the DirectX driver again and make a reboot again.
Many high end games require Microsoft Windows Vista, 7 and above to work, as this game are not supported on Windows XP. You should first disable the User Account Control and keep it disable if you are an Admin to your computer. UAC could also be a reason for not allowing you to start the game. So if you would like to disable the UAC follow these instructions:
- Click on Start, Type UAC and Press Enter.
- When the window is open, just pull the slider down and click OK.
- Then Reboot your system and try launching the game again.
Don’t launch the game from the Desktop shortcut icon instead go to the Metro 2033 Redux installation folder which you can find it under C:\Program Files, then look for Metro 2033 Redux.exe, make a right click and then select properties. Now you have to go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and click the box for enabling the check, then ‘Disable Desktop Composition.’ Now you have to restart the game once again.
Metro 2033 Redux Crash To Desktop (CTD) during Gameplay:
We can see that start up issue is been solved, but there is a new issue which is causing the game to crash during the game play. If you are facing this problem, here is the fix or this:
- There are many unwanted and already running processes which you might not require, so you can do is close or kill all the processes which are running in the background. For killing your processes in the background, kill it from the Task Manager > Processes Tab. Do that before starting the game.
- You have to disable all the start up programs which usually starts when you boot your computer. For doing that type ‘MSCONFIG’ in Run Dialog Box (Win+R keys) and click Enter. Now go to Startup Tab and click ‘Disable All’ button and hit apply. Then after doing this restart you computer again.
- Always remember to disable your Antivirus program before launching the game, and if you haven’t done that as if yet, do it.
- If Metro 2033 Redux is still crashing to desktop while you are playing the game, then you have to go to Graphic Card Control Panel and disable one of your two graphics card (If you have two graphic card with Crossfire or SLI). One graphics card is better than two unless you are playing your games on multiple monitors.
- If you have a NVIDIA Card then click Manage 3d settings and enable ‘Threaded Optimization’ from the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- If you have an ATI or AMD Card then you have to uninstall Catalyst Control Center (CCC) and restart the game.
Metro 2033 Redux Wont Installs:
- Most of the times there are security suites that are installed on to our computer which usually blocks the installation of our game. If you are facing the same blocking or unable to install kind of error then you should disable the anti-virus program which is installed on your computer. Try to install the game again after disabling the anti-virus program.
- Norton Security is a famous security suite which blocks the installation of games, because most of the time it recognize the game setup file as virus. So you usually get errors while game installation.
- Your game DVD could also be another issue for error in installation, it doesn’t matter even if it is new. Sometimes the DVD’s are also scratched or damaged. To fix that, you can try cleaning the disc with any cleaner and then you can try the installation again.
- Most of the time we usually download the game and install on our computer, but that could also be a reason for error in installation. Many a times it happens that the download ISO file get’s corrupted, so for this there is only one solution that is to download the whole file again. It seems to be a time consuming thing but that’s the only option.
- Note: When the installation gets failed while installing the game, you should always delete the installed files that were installing with the game. If you don’t do so, probably the installation of game will give you errors. So delete the installed files completely and install the game again. Make sure you reboot your PC after the uninstalling the game.
Metro 2033 Redux Black Screen Problem:
Black screen problem is caused due to the outdated graphic card drivers, any unknown app is causing an issue or also your anti-virus could be giving the black screen issue. To fix this kind of unknown issues, follow these steps:
- If you are one of those people with outdated graphic card drivers, I would suggest updating your drivers. Also try to update your motherboard drivers from your motherboards manufactures official website.
- You can also try to solve it doing some settings change within the game’s settings. Try to disable VSync, anti-aliasing and filtering and also multi-sampling which would make the settings lower. It could be possible that your computer system isn’t good enough to bare all those high or ultra settings.
- Again, anti-virus could be the other reason which would be causing the black screen. So disable it before starting the game.
- Also Disable firewall settings to play the Metro 2033 Redux on Steam. That would be another reason because of which you might not able to play it on Steam.
- Always make sure, you are giving enough of RAM before launching the game. To clear out some memory from the processes you can do is, open Task manager > Process Tab and close all the processes which are running in the background.
- If the black screen problem still persists, you can uninstall the game completely and reinstall it again. Uninstall the game completely make a reboot, then install the game again and make a reboot and start the game again.
Metro 2033 Redux Lagging, Freezing and Low FPS Problems:
The high end games usually cause the low frames per second and lagging issues. Even if you have a good gaming PC, you will still find some game laggy and you should probably check for the minimum and recommended system requirements for playing the game. If you are facing the lags and low fps then you should follow these steps to remove the issue.
- A game usually lags when it is not reaching the peak of its performance which is due to apps that are open or running in the background or many unwanted apps are running in the background. So first you need to kill all the apps which are unwanted and running in the background. Leave only those processes which are required for your graphic card, game, and your system.
- Disable the Vsync and Antialiasing from your graphic cards control panel.
- After all these troubleshooting, you might see some improvements in the game. But still you see the problem, then press Alt+Tab or Ctrl+Alt+Tab to open up the Task Manager, then click Processes Tab, and look for Metro 2033 Redux and right click on it, then select the Priority and make it High or on Realtime that’s it. Many people solved their problem by doing this.
- If you are playing the Metro 2033 Redux on Steam, then make sure your internet is fast enough to handle the game. That is one of the big reasons that can cause lag, lower frames etc. So try to disconnect your computer from WiFi and use the internet through Ethernet port. Also check whether the bandwidth is fast.
Metro 2033 Redux No Sound or Sound Stuttering:
Rarely people face the issue of sound in the game. I have never encountered the sound issue for any game. But still for people who might face this issue, here is the fix:
- Always check for that the drivers for your sound/audio drivers are updated to the latest version. If it is an outdated one and your game supports a feature which your audio hardware isn’t capable of, the n probably you will face sound issues. So go to your manufacturer’s website and download the latest driver available for your audio hardware.
- Also make sure that your system is currently running with the latest DirectX drivers. If no, then get it downloaded and installed on your computer and try to play the game again.
- probably your sound issues or problems should have been fixed, if not then you can do is, decrease the Sound Acceleration. For decreasing your sound acceleration press Win+R key to open the Run Dialog Box and type ‘dxdiag’ and then press enter. Now when you see the dialog box, go to Sound Tab and then decrease the Sound Acceleration.
- If still the problem remains the same, go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sounds > Sound > Communications Tab. Then click ‘Do Nothing’ and Apply > Ok. That’s all, you’re done. Now your sound will work properly.
Metro 2033 Redux Unable to Save Game on Steam:
This is the largely seen problem for Metro 2033 Redux as many users have complained about this issue. If you do have the same issue, then follow the steps to fix it:
- Exit the Metro 2033 Redux.
- Shutdown and Reboot your computer.
- Then run steam and validate your Game files.
- For doing that login to your account
- Then click on Library section.
- Select Metro 2033 Redux
- Make a right click and select Properties.
- Go to Local Files tab and click the ‘Verify Integrity of game cache’ button.
- OK Voila! You are done. Now try to start the game and save the game progress and this time it will get saved without giving you more trouble. If any are playing the game on computer and would like to have the save game for Metro 2033 Redux then you have to simply download it from here.
Metro 2033 Redux Installation Error and Solutions:
Error: “Cannot Install Saints Row IV PC”
Cannot install the Metro 2033 Redux is a kind of a message that we usually encounter many times when we install the games on our computer. This happens with many of the games and applications as well. For this you should always check that the minimum m system requirements are fulfilled accordingly. You should also update all your required hardware drivers and also install the latest DirectX version for your computer. After doing all this stuffs, reboot your computer and install the game again. Now the game should probably get installed.
Error: “The Application failed to initialize properly
For fixing ‘the application failed to initialize properly ’you have to download and install the latest Microsoft Visual Runtime Libraries. It will hardly take anytime as it is not a big file to download. You can download those e required libraries from here.
Error: “Metro 2033 Redux PC Install Fails, Cannot Install”
This error usually appears on many games. This issue is actually because of the Microsoft C++ libraries. To fix this issue you need to open control panel > Uninstall Programs > Add and Remove Programs > and uninstall C++. You might see many files of Microsoft C++ listed in your Add and Remove list. You have to delete all of those. After doing that, download and install those libraries again. Now you have to reboot the computer and then start the game’s installation again.
[Last Updated on]