Similar to many other troubleshooting guides for several games in past, today I’m here posting one more for Crysis 3. Though the game is yet only released in US (Pending for Europe on 22nd Feb and Au on 21st Feb) there are several users requested us to post this guide as they are facing problems with installation, freeze, lag, FPS or sound issues. So here it is. Before we start going through problem’s solutions, as I always said, the very first thing you need to take care is make sure you meet the system requirements for the game, atleast its Minimum System requirements. So, re-confirm your configuration if it matches below provided system requirements:
Minimum System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows Vista 32bit
- CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core E6600 3.06GHz OR AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+
- Memory: 2 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 OR AMD Radeon HD 5550 512MB
- DirectX: DirectX 11
- HDD Space: 20 GB
Recommended System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 7 64bit
- CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K 4-Core 3.40GHz OR AMD FX-4150
- Memory: 8 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 OR AMD Radeon HD 7970
- DirectX: DirectX 11
- HDD Space: 20 GB
Hope your system configuration is in between of above mentioned requirements. If yes and still you getting problems with Crysis 3, then lets check below troubleshooting.
Crysis 3 Crash and Crash to Desktop Solution:
It happens sometimes that few games itself comes with some problems which create crashes and all such stuffs. In such cases we will need to wait for some time for official patches. But I don’t think Crysis 3 is one of them which comes with its own crash problem. So if you are facing any Crash with Crysis 3, just follow the steps provided below.
- As we all know Crysis 3 is a high end graphic optimized video game, there could be crashes because of its resources requirements. So we will go one by one. And here the first thing you will need to take care is graphic drivers. You should always update your graphics driver. Just visit nVidia Official site, enter your OS version, select graphic card, download and install the drivers. If you are using AMD/ATI drivers, then do the same on their official website. Alternatively you can download Nvidia Card drivers from here and AMD ATI Graphic drivers from here.
- Another reason which is well known for crashing games is your security suites. Hence, if you are facing in game Crash or Crash to Desktop then try disabling Antivirus and Firewalls. Especially if you have any third party Firewall installed, it must be disabled while playing Crysis 3 because the game need internet access and there are 100% chances third party firewalls will interfere.
- There are also few important settings which need to be made under your Graphic Card’s Control Panel or In-game settings which will prevent the game from crashes. Just open the settings and Turn Off SLI / Crossfire. Also disable anti-aliasing and filtering, disable V-sync and then restart the game again.
- Now open your graphic cards control panel and turn off one GPU. Run the game on only One GPU. You can also try out running the game in Windows Mode. Hope the game will run fine now.
- If still the Crash or CTD occurs, make sure you have the latest version of DirectX installed on your system. You can download it from here.
- As I said above Crysis 3 requires enough resources for running the game properly, if you have several unwanted apps running in the background that that create problems/Crash for the game. So Just right click your task bar, select Task Manager, click on Process Tab and kill every unwanted process that is not required.
Fix Crysis 3 Poor FPS, Freezing and Lagging problems:
- Freezing, Lagging or low FPS problems are very common with high end games. In case you are facing these problems with Crysis 3 as well, then simply go through the following troubleshoot steps:
- Very first thing you need to do to get rid of these issues is to start the game, open Video Settings and lower the Graphic Settings. Also Turn Off Vsync in the game settings and launch the game.
- At the same time if you are using nVidia Graphic card, you should also Turn Off FXAA.
- Your background processes could also play major role in freezing or lagging the game. Due to these processes Crysis 3 may not be getting required CPU/memory resources. Hence launch Task Manager and kill all unwanted process.
- If still you facing the problems then in Task Manager click on Process Tab, select Crysis’s respective process, right click, Select Priority and set it “Above Normal” Or “High”.
- As Crysis 3 is an online Multiplayer game as well or if you are playing it on Steam and facing Lag or Low FPS, then obviously it may be due to slow Internet Connection as well. Hence first check if you are getting proper bandwidth from your connection. I’ll recommend to play it on Minimum 1MBps connection.
- At the same time, I’ll also suggest to connect your system on LAN instead of WiFi.
- And the last but not least, as I said above as well, your Security Suites or Firewall as well play important role for such problems. They might be blocking the connection as well. Hence whenever you start the game just disable them to get full performance.
Fix No Sound or Weak Sound in Crysis 3:
After Crash, Lag, Freez and FPS problems, many users also may get Sound Problems with the game. If you are one of them, don’t Panic, just try out below mentioned few steps:
- In order to fix the sound issues, just make sure you have updated Sound Card driver. You can update the same either from Windows Update or directly from the manufacturer’s official website.
- Apart from sound driver, you may also need to update to the latest DirectX installed. You can update the same from here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
- In case yet you are not getting proper sound from the game, then go to Start (Win7 and Vista), type “dxdiag”, press Enter key. In the opened window, go to sound tab and Reduce Sound Acceleration.
- If you are a Realtek user, then open Sound Manager, Click Properties, Advance Settings and change the settings to set 44k Stereo settings.
Now restart the game and see if it is working fine. I hope you should not get this problem any more.
Fix Crysis 3 Crash related to Graphic Cards:
Some of our graphics settings may also result in crashes. So to make sure this is not the reason for your problem, you can go through the below steps:
For ATI/AMD Card Users: Many times it has been observed that Catalyst Control Centre interferes with Radeon cards performance. So just open card control panel and uninstall Catalyst Control Centre. Once done, restart the game.
For nVidia Cards Users: Here you need to do a change in 3D settings that may fix the problem. Just open nVidia Control Panel, click 3D settings and set Turn On the “Threaded Optimization”. Now restart the game.
Fix Crysis 3 Installation Errors and Problems:
Error: “Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Install Fails, Cannot Install”
This is one of the common error that may occur with several pc video games. The reason behind this is Microsoft C++. This is basically a C++ bug. Hence the solution is very simple. Just uninstall Microsoft C++ from your control panel > Add/Remove Programs. Many times you may see multiple listing of Microsoft C++ in Add/Remove. So uninstall every instances , restart the system and Start playing game. Hopefully you wont be getting the error again.
Unable to Install Crysis 3:
If you had a failed attempt of installing Crysis 3 or trying to re-install it again, you wont get it done. There might come some problem, or error. This is could be because if some left over files or folders from the earlier installation. So before re-installing or retrying to install after one failed attempt, go to C:\Program Files and delete the Crysis 3 folder (might be Ea Games) folder. Now restart the computer and see if the problem occurs again with the game.