Finally we are in the third part of Dead space series ‘Dead Space 3.’ Though the game is launched today itself, developers and Publishers of the game reported record breaking first day sales of the game. That means millions of gamers already started playing the game. And of course many of them has faced several errors / problems during installation or while playing Dead Space 3. Many of them asked for solutions regarding some error codes, unable to install, sound, etc etc. So here I’m posting troubleshooting guide for Dead Space 3 which will help you get rid of all error codes and other problems.
The very first thing we need to check with any video game is its System Requirement. If the game doesn’t meet the requirements posted by game developer, it’s obvious to get all those problems and there won’t be any solutions instead upgrading/meeting its requirements. So, make sure you meet the below mentioned configuration for Dead Space 3:
Dead Space 3 Minimum system requirements:
- CPU: Intel Pentium D 840 3.2GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core BE-2300
- RAM: 1 GB system memory
- Graphics: nVidia GeForce 6800 XT / AMD Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB.
- Operating system: Windows XP 32bit
- DirectX: DX 9
- HDD: 10 GB free hard disk space
Dead Space 3 Recommended System Requirements:
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6400 2.13GHz / AMD Phenom II X3 720
- RAM: 4 GB system memory
- Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTX 260 / AMD Radeon HD 4870
- Operating system: Windows 7 32bit
- DirectX: DX 11
- HDD: 10 GB free hard disk space
Dead Space 3 Crash to Desktop (CTD) while launching or starting the game:
It is one of the most annoying and common problem with several high end games. The game just crashes or shut down while start up. The most probable cause of this issue use to be your Video card or its drivers. If you are facing CTD with DS3 just go through the following steps:
- Update your graphic card drivers. If you are using Nvidia, download its drivers from here http://www.nvidia.com/page/drivers.html and if its And if its ATI, get the drivers from here http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx .
- Try turning off SLI / Crossfire before launching the game next time.
- Go to your graphic card’s control panel, turn off one of the two GPUs and try running the game on any one GPU.
- Check your DirectX version, Re-install or Update DirectX to most recent version.
- If you still facing the same problem, Disable V-sync, disable Antivruses, disable Windows defender, anti-aliasing and filtering, also disable all unwanted background process from task manager and run the game.
- If above all steps wont fix the problem, simply go to Game’s installation folder (For Dead Space 3 it is located at C:\Games), right click the game setup.exe, go to properties, and change its compatibility to Windows XP SP3. Make sure to check mark ‘Disable Desktop Composition’ from the compatibility tab.
- Make use of 3danalyzer and try running the game in Windowed Mode in case your config is as low as the minimum requirement mentioned above.
Dead Space 3 lagging, freezing and low FPS issues:
There are several reasons that can make your game lag, freeze or low FPS issues. But there are some workarounds which we can go through to fox them. Here are the same:
- The very first solution that may help you getting rid of freezing and lagging issues with any high end games is to Turn off Vsync and Antialiasing from your Video card’s control panel.
- Another fix for these problems is to Turn On tripple buffering and V-sync using the D3DOverrider software. But you must be aware of what you are doing. Try this only if you have knowledge about the same or you are a hardcore gamer.
- Apart from these, if you are running several process in the background of the system then you may face freeze, lag or FPS issues. So just exit the game or simply minimize by pressing Alt+Tab if the game is launched, right click on Task bar, open Task Manager, click on Processes Tab, right-click on Dead Space 3’s respective exe file and set the priority “above normal” or “higher”.
- Also you should try disabling your Antivirus and other Security Programs before launching the game. There are many Antivirus programs that interfere most of the times with games. Especially when you are playing Multiplayer/Online. So disable them before launching the game and you can resume once you quit the game.
Dead Space 3 installer crashes on Windows 7, Fix installation problem:
- Many times while installing high end games on Windows 7 several people come across installation problem. One most common problem is an error saying “Windows 7 installer crash.” It may occur while installing or running the game on Windows 7. If you are getting this then simply follow the steps provided in the below post:
- Fix Windows 7 Installer Crash problem http://forums.techdiscussion.in/showthread.php/560-Unable-to-install-Prototype-2-on-Windows-7
Dead Space 3 Low or No Sound problems:
If you are facing any kind of sound problem in Dead Space 3 such as No Sound, or very low sound, then try out the steps provided below:
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on Hardware and Sounds.
- Now click on Sound.
- Go to ‘Communications’ Tab, click on last option ‘Do Nothing’ and click Ok.
- If you are still facing the sound problem, simply Update or Re-install the Sound drivers.
Unable to install Dead Space 3:
We have already discussed one cause of unable to install DS3 above (Windows 7 installer crash). Apart from this there could be several more reasons which may prevent the game getting installed properly on your computer. Lets see what are those:
- If in the first 2 to 3 attempts the installation gets failed without any particular Error Message, then before installing it next time just uninstall the game or any of its stuff if listed in Control Panel Add and Remove applet.
- Go to installation folder which should be C:\Games and delete all its folders and files. Remove permanently.
- Also delete Dead Space 3 folder from C:\Games.
- Restart your computer and try re-installing it again.
- Another symptom that may prevent DS3 installation is the Error Message saying “Dead Space 3 Install Fails, Cannot Install”. If you come across this error with DS3, just follow the steps provided in this post: http://forums.techdiscussion.in/showthread.php/561-Prototype-2-Installation-Error-“Prototype-2-Install-Fails-Cannot-Install”
Dead Space 3 Wont start, unable to launch:
Many times it happens though we installed the game successfully without any problems game just wont starts. In case it happens with your DS3, just go through the below mentioned steps:
- Instead of launching the game from the desktop shortcut, simply go to C:\Games\Dead Space 3 and double click the Dead space 3.exe file. The game should launch properly. Next time you can right this exe file and create new desktop shortcut for future reference.
- Disable Antivirus and Windows Defender.
Dead Space 3 cannot work with Xbox or any other game controllers:
If you have any Controllers and want to connect with your PC to play Dead Space 3 but the game wont recognizes the same then just make the following changes in your settings:
- Go to Control Panel. Enable Xbox 360 Controller if it is not.
- Now Launch the game, go to Options, click on Controls, and click on Customize Controls. Now select the attached controller from the list.
Dead Space 3 Crashes with Nvidia or ATI graphics card:
We have received some messages where people facing Crash Problem on Nvidia or Ati/Amd graphic cards. Dead Space 3 just crashes referring these cards. In such cases you can go through below solution:
- If you are using Nvidia Cards, launch Nvidia control panel, click on manage 3d settings. Here turn on the ‘Threaded Optimization’.
- If you are one of the ATI card user, You will need to uninstall/remove Catalyst Control Center in order to fix the crash problem.
Dead Space 3 Freezes on loading screen:
- If the game starts properly but gets freeze on loading screen, than most probably it is because of Corrupt save files. Many times your own saves as well gets corrupt. And sometimes it happens when you download save game files from web and put it in your save game folder which use to be already corrupted. In such cases you need to delete your save game files.
- Yes, once deleted you may need to start the game from very beginning. There is no option. What you can do in such cases is simply download the well working Save Game file for Dead Space 3 from here http://forums.techdiscussion.in/showthread.php/1202-Devil-May-Cry-5-PC-Save-Game-download-free
Dead Space 3 Error “Game Unavailable on Origin”
If you are playing DS3 on Origins and getting error message saying ‘Game Unavailable on Origin’, then you may need to do the following stuffs:
- Exit Origin
- Shutdown the PC
- Restart your Internet Connection source (Modem / Router)
- Start PC again.
- Start Origin and game.
- It should work.