Samsung Galaxy Y is the only affordable and budget phone in the market which allows us to test out number of Custom ROMs and ample of modifications compare to other devices. A number of times it happens that the phone performance after installing Custom ROMs. It starts working slow as you go on installing Apps and thereafter even factory reset does not help much. Also if you had installed a Custom ROM and you are not satisfied you want to get back to the old one. This article will tell you how to install the Original Samsung Stock ROM back in that case so that the phone is restored back in its original state. So let’s move ahead with original stock rom installation.
Before we begin with the installation process there are some important things you need to check. So just check out the short list and if everything goes fine you can move ahead with installation process.
- Download ODIN Tool from here
- Download the Original Stock ROM for Galaxy Y form here
- Backup all your important data from the phone such as contacts, messages, files, etc because while installing the ROM everything will be wiped out.
- Ensure that the mobile battery is atleast 70% charged because device must not shutdown during the installation process or it can be dead.
- As this is the original rom there is no need to worry about rooting stuff.
Now if you are ready with the above points we can move ahead in installing the Original Stock Rom.
Installing Original Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy Y:
- Connect your phone with PC using USB Cable. Ensure that Samsung USB drivers are installed.
- Copy the downloaded Stock ROM in the root of your SD Card so that it can be accessed easily during the installation.
- Now shut down the phone and boot the device in recovery mode. For that hold Volume Up + Home + Power for few seconds after switching off the device.
- The phone will boot in android recovery menu. Don’t leave the keys until you see the Samsung Logo on screen.
- Now launch ODIN. Check under COM section. If the mobile is detected by ODIN it will turn to a Yellow background. This is a very crucial part.
- Once the device is detected click on PDA and then choose the file that you had extracted on the desktop. (Samsung Galaxy Y Original Stock ROM)
- Now click on Phone in ODIN and choose file name as Phone or Modem.
- Ignore other things and then click on Start Button.
- The installation process will begin. Wait for some time until the entire process is over. You will see a PASS message turned to green.
Once everything goes well the phone will be restored in its original state. You can keep the rom package with you for future also.