Lava Iris 504Q was indeed a very good phone with 5 inch HD OGS IPS display, 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, 1GB RAM and 8 Megapixel camera. But Lava has not provided any firmware update after kitkat 4.4 for this model. So, today we will see how you can RUN Android 5.0 Lollipop themed Custom ROM on this phone. No No, this is not just a theme. It gives you complete experience of Lollipop 5.0, however the operating system version remains the same 4.2 in About Phone.
With this Lollipop ROM the performance is very good, you get all lollipop animations, Material Design UI, some new features, new Camera App and lots more. You can check the performance in provided Video as well. So, let’s start.
The very first step is to Root your phone because without rooting you cannot get Custom Recovery and without Custom Recovery you wont be able to install the ROM. Dont worry, there is no need to worry about warranty because by now all Iris 504Q phones are out of warranty already. So, lets Root Iris 504Q.
- You need to download MTK USB Driver and Rooting Package.
- Save these both files on your desktop.
- Install USB Driver on your computer.
- Now connect your phone via USB Cable.
- Extract the downloaded Rooting Package.
- Run “run.bat” file from the extracted package and wait for a minute.
- It will root your phone. At the end, you will be asked to press any button to reboot the phone. Press any key on keyboard.
- Phone will Restart. Dont unplug the cable unless it is booted completed.
That’s it. Your Iris 504Q is now Rooted. You can install Root Checker and confirm the same. For more help, see the Rooting process in Video below.
After Rooting, now we have to install Custom Recovery in Iris 504Q. This is even easy than the rooting process and takes less than a minute. Let’s start.
Installing Custom Recovery:
- Download Mobileuncle Tools APK and Recovery Package.
- Copy both these files to your phone’s ext SD Card.
- Now install the APK just like we install any other apk.
- Launch the app and tap on ‘Recovery Update’
- Select the downloaded Recovery package and tap OK.
- It will ask you again to “Boot into Recovery”. Tap OK.
- That’s it. Phone will reboot and take you into CWM Recovery.
That’s it. Custom Recovery is installed. You can check this process in provide Video below.
Now, we are good to go for Lollipop ROM. This is the final step. Let’s start installing Android Lollipop based Custom ROM in your Iris 504Q.
Installing Lollipop ROM:
- First of all you need to Download GK-Mod_L_v3 ROM and copy it to your phone’s ext SD Card.
- Unplug the Cable. Make sure your phone battery is charged ateast 50%. It should not get drained out during installation process.
- Now boot into Custom Recovery using the above process (step 2)
- Once in Recovery mode, you can Backup your existing ROM if you want OR skip this step.
- Using your Volume Rockers, scroll down and select Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
- Now select Wipe Cache partition.
- Once done, scroll down to the bottom and Select Advance > Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Now come back to the main Recovery screen and select Install Zip from SD Card.
- Browse to the SD card and select GK-Mod_L_v3 ROM.
- Now dont do anything, let the ROM install comfortably.
- Once installed, come back to the main screen and select Reboot.
That’s it. Now your phone will boot into the new Lollipop ROM. GO through the settings and enjoy the taste of lollipop. You can check the below video for more help installing and to check the performance.
[Last Updated on]