I have seen many users looking for Android 4.4 Kitkat for their Lava Iris 504Q. Even we get queries on this Forum from many members asking for any kitkat running Custom ROM for this phone. Fortunately, now we have one In fact, this is much better than just being a Kitkat ROM because the ROM is made upon Note 3’s stock ROM offering you many features as well which we have seen on Samsung’s premium phablet.
I’m talking about Note3_Kitkat Custom Rom. It offers you features such as Note 3 TouchWiz, Kitkat Launcher, Eye Scrolling, Air Gestures, Samsung Camera, Smart Pause, Floating Apps, and lots more. Over all you get a very similar Note 3’s operating system and features on your Iris 504Q itself. So, if you are willing to get Android 4.4 or Note 3 features on your Iris phone which has no sign of getting any official update (definitely not Kitkat) in near future, then go through the below provided guide and files, carefully.
Before going for the installation process, go through this important perquisites without which you may not get the ROM installed successfully.
- As i always suggest, very first thing you need to do is Backup your entire device, including all your important files, contacts, messages, logs (if required), etc because changing the ROM requires wiping out your storage memory, which will obviously delete everything from the phone.
- Also Backup your Original Firmware, just in case you need it later. If you dont like the ROM or if it is creating any problem, you can simply revert back to the original ROM anytime.
- make sure the battery is charged atleast 60%.
- Enable USB debugging by going to Phone’s Setting > Developer Option. If you cannot see “Developer Options” in your settings panel, go to About Phone and keep tapping the Build Number until you see message saying “You are now a Developer”. Now go back and you will see Developer options available just above About Phone.
- Download and Install Iris 504Q USB Drivers in your computer.
- Download Note3_Kitkat Custom Rom Package and save it on your desktop.
Installation of Custom ROMs is pretty same, no matter which rom you are trying to install. However, i will mention it again because it needs to be done properly. here we go:
- First of all make sure your Lava Iris 504Q is Rooted because we need to flash this ROM from CWM Recovery Mode.
- Connect the phone using USB Cable to your computer where you installed USB Drivers and copy the downloaded ROM Package to SD Card’s Root Folder.
- Now Disconnect the cable and Turn off.
- Now Press and Hold Volume Up and Power key to boot the phone in CWM Recovery Mode.
- Now select select Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- Select Advance –> Clear Dalvik Cache
- Now come back to the Main recovery screen and select “Install Zip from SD Card”.
- Now browse to your SD Card’s root and select the Rom file. Confirm to start the installation.
- It may take few minutes to install. Wait and let it complete.
- Once done, select “Reboot” system now from the main recovery screen and that’s.
After booting you will see your Iris 504Q is very similar to Note 3. Do the settings and configuration, enjoy the new ROM.