Many are willing to install Android on Windows platform. But due to complex architecture and non-availability of a compatible OS cause the issue with setup. In this guide I am going to show you how you can go ahead with installation of Android on Windows 8.1 platform. So if you own a Windows tablet then you go ahead checking out the process to install android on the same. This will be a dual boot system. That means you can boot in your favorite Os as per your need. You can go in Android and checkout new apps or games or you can simply go in Windows.
For installation you will need Android for Intel Architecture. Called as Android -IA. This is a new open source project which is out and allows people to have android on an Intel based system. This was not available before. We can only test Android x86 OS on windows platform but they don’t work on the tablet. I had tested this. The process is bit easy this time. We are going to use XE700T1C-A01US on Windows tablet. Before moving ahead remembers that there are some pre-requirements. It is necessary that you must follow them.
- Update latest Bios firmware for Samsung tablet.
- Take a complete backup of your system.
- Create a recovery usb drive so that you can restore in case there is any issue.
- You will need a pen drive of minimum 2GB in size.
- Download Samsung XE700T and save it on your desktop.
- Download Win32DiskImager Image Writer for Windows.
- You will also need a working pc to create an usb drive for setup.
- First we will prepare the usb thumb drive which will be used for the setup purpose.
- Format the pen drive and then extract the content of Samsung XE700T installer.
- Extract the content of Image Writer for Window and from that run Win32DiskImager.exe
- You have to click on browser in Image Writer and choose the image file from Samsung XE700T installer.
- Later on choose the pen drive and click on write.
- Now we will move ahead with the installation process. Restart your tablet first.
- You have to hit F2 to enter bios. You will need a keyboard to go ahead. Samsung ATIV Smart pc comes with keyboard dock.
- You have to enter in UEFI bios. To choose the boot device.
- From bios the first thing you have to do is turn off Secure Boot.
- Then from the top menu choose boot priority. Select the pen drive and save settings.
- Now restart the tablet back. This time you are going to boot from the usb.
- You will get a message on screen, do you want to reserve windows and dual boot, press Y and enter.
- In the next message also press Y and enter. This will resize the partition to make more space.
- Enter the size in mb you want to allot and hit enter.
- The last step is to give yes for Install GummiBoot bootloader. Once the setup is over restart the pc and removes the usb. That’s all. Your system now has two OS.
[Last Updated on]