Xolo seems to rocking for their customers as they are updating most of their devices to latest Kitkat OS one by one. Recently they rolled out update for Q1010i and Q1010 and today, they also released Android 4.4 for Xolo Q700S. If you are having this phone, its time to update it to latest Android version. But as you might be aware that there is no OTA feature provided in XOLO phones, you will need to it manually. Here is how to do the same:
- Download the Kitkat 4.4 firmware package on your computer and rename it to update.zip
- Download and install latest XOLO USB Driver on your computer so that you can connect the phone with PC and copy update package on your phone.
- Make sure your phone’s battery is charged atleast 60% as it should not get drained out during the installation process.
- Foe being on safer side, backup all important stuffs from your phone, although this process is not going to delete anything.
Updating Kitkat on Xolo Q700S:
- Once you have copied the download firmware package on your phone memory (mass storage device).
- Disconnect the phone and launch built-in ‘XOLO Care’ app from your phone’s app drawer.
- Tap on ‘Check for software update’ under ‘UPDATE’ tab
- Again tap ‘Check for Updates’. App will scan entire phone for update package.
- Once found, tap on ‘Continue’ and leave the phone on table for few minutes.
- The device will do rest of the update process on its own, you dont need to do anything.
Once done the phone will reboot and you will see your Q700s is running on Android 4.4 Kitkat OS.