Galaxy Note 3 when released came with amazing features that are solely present only in Note 3 as of now. I am talking about the Air Commands and all. Now those who are using Samsung Galaxy Note 2 can also have the same kind of features on thier phone. For that you have to add a mod in your device. Which I am going to show you later on in this Article. Galaxy Note 3 is one of the best phablet available right now. This phablet has more better upgraded hardware, optimized UI and additional features like Air Command. These things are missing on Note 2.
Many were expecting the same thing through upcoming OTA update on thier Note 2 but unfortunately there is no confirm date until when it will be available. But it is not worth to wait back. Because Samsung is not going to offer you the same in any update. You have to either find a mod that can add the features or you can ignore it forever. This is a custom MOD which is developed by XDA that help you to get a more important feature on your old Note 2. Samsung has added more to the gesture thing in the new phone, but they had provided nothing much for the S-Pen.
After installing this mod in your Note 2 you will get most of the Galaxy Note 3 features on your Note 2. It is not just limited to one stuff. It will add air command on your phone. Through which you can control many things via gesture. It will add pen window and screen writer with action memo. The existing gallery will be upgraded to the new one. The mode will also add TouchWiz launcher of Galaxy Note 3. Other apps which will be added or upgraded are S Note, Sketchbook and S Planner. Before moving ahead with the setup it is necessary that you must know it is not a complete stable app. It can crash while using. But as per my experience it works really fine. All features provided works really well. And to use it as usual you have to root the device. It will not work on un-rooted phone. The second requirement here is that your phone must have an Android 4.3 ROM (XXEMI6).
- Rooted Galaxy Note 2 Device
- Android 4.3 MI6 leaked rom.
- Backup your phone data completely. This might wipe out all the internal content.
Step to install Note 3 Mod in Galaxy Note 2:
- Download the Mod and copy this in your phone’s memory card
- In Recovery mode wipe out the partition and cache.
- Then flash the mod rom and done.
- You can then move ahead with customization features.
- Later on you will have to copy this ResourceManager.apk file in system/app. You have to modify the app permission and wipe out the data inside it. For that you can use My Script Resource Manager.
- To activate the Air Command go in the Settings section and tap on My Device. In that again tap on S Pen and then tap on Air command.
Thats it. You are done.