Samsung Galaxy Gear is a smartwatch launched last year with Galaxy Note 3. It is the best companion of Note 3 allowing you to do many important tasks right from the watch itself, instead of doing it on your phone. Earlier we saw how to Root your Smartwatch and also installing Custom ROM on your Galaxy Gear. We got messages from several members saying that are not so happy of not getting familiar with the new ROM. Hence they wanted to switch back to the Stock ROM. So, i thought to share the process of getting back to Stock ROM on your Galaxy Gear.
Just like other two guides, here also you have some requirements which need to be met before going to the actual process. So a look at this first:
- Charge up your Gear enough so that it wont get drained out.
- Install Galaxy Gear USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download Odin and keep it on your computer
- Now download correct .md5 file from Xda depending on your region.
Reverting Gear to Stock:
- Connect Galaxy Gear with computer where you have download the files and installed USB Drivers.
- Press and hold the right button on your Smartwatch. This will reboot the watch.
- Once you see Galaxy Gear Rebooting message, keep pressing the button until you get message saying ‘Select Reboot Mode’
- On this screen scroll down and select ‘Download’. Make sure it is still connected to the computer.
- Now again hold the button for about 3 to 4 seconds and leave..in next few seconds the watch should go into Download Mode.
- Now run Odin on your computer and click PDA button.
- Browse and select .MD5 file from the download MD5 file.
- Leave all the options as it is in Odin and Click START.
- Dont do anything, keep patience and let the installation complete.
- Once you see PASS message, disconnect the cable. Your watch should reboot itself.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy Gear is now running on the Stock ROM.