Micromax S4 is a 5inch screen phone offering 1.2GHz Dual Core Processor and 1GB ram on the same. It has 16GB internal storage. The device looks to be great enough for gaming output. Canvas is one of the most popular series by Micromax. The series provide a high end model in the market at a very budget price range. Many are happy after buying the Canvas device due to its interface and design. It also comes loaded with an optimized interface that makes it better over other devices.
So here we are going to run Canvas S4 Custom ROM on Micromax Canvas 2 A110. The rom is compatibly and works really fine with Canvas 2 A110. Compared to Canvas S4, Canvas 2 A110 offers you 1 GHz CPU with 3G support. It has a sleek design and provides you a 4.9inch screen on the phone. Canvas 2 A110 has a hardware config where to near to S4. So it is complete possible to run the rom on it. Here the rom will add a bit more extra effect on the pone offering better output.
If you are really fed up with the existing rom then you can go ahead using my guide for using CanvaS4 Custom ROM on the system. Here the rom is tested that works fine and has no performance issue at all. Canvas 2 A110 has only 512MB of ram due to which there can be a bit performance issue. But still the rom works well. So if you are willing to get new features you can go with the rom installation. Buy installing the rom you will get additional benefits of Jellybean. The rom has S4 Touchwiz them in the same with S4 Weather Widget & Touchwiz Launcher. The boot animation will be also changed. You will get a S4 styled dialer with Stock Lock screen. Additional apps in the device are SMemo and many more stuff.
- Download the Canvas S4 rom and keep it on your desktop.
- Download Micromax Canvas 2 A110 USB drivers and install it on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in the device. For that you have to go in Settings > Application > Development > Usb Debugging.
- Ensure that your device has maximum of 70% battery left. Never go ahead with installing custom rom if the derive is low on battery. Because if you go ahead with this, then your phone can brick.
- Before installing the custom rom it is always better to backup your phone. Copy all the internet content and save it somewhere. Do not go ahead with installation if you are not having a complete data backup. Using Nandroid you can save the entire system image which can be later for restoration.
- You have to root your phone before moving ahead. This is very important. Once your device is rooted install CWM recovery. This will be used for restoration.
Installing CanvaS4 Custom ROM:
- Copy the downloaded rom in the SD card of your phone. There must be enough space left in your device for flashing it.
- Rooting is very important here. If the device is not rooted then this thing will not work.
- Turn off your phone and reboot it in recovery mode. You can hold the volume up key + power key to restart the phone in recovery mode. Turn off the phone first and then hold these keys to start your phone in recovery mode.
- You can use the volume key for the navigation. Use the volume up/down to move up and down and choosing an option.
- First run a full data wipe. For which you have to choose wipe data. This is like factory reset. The second thing you have to do is run wipe cache partition. Then run wipe dalvik cache.
- Once done from main menu choose install from SD card and choose the rom. Wait back for some time.
- At the end you will back on the main screen. Reboot your phone and done.