Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 is one of the best budget Android phone from Samsung so far. But Samsung has put Android 2.3 Gingerbread on this device which never received any further firmware update. However we have several Guides available on this forum that allows you to install all latest Android versions on your Galaxy Y. Talking about latest version, we recently posted a guide using which you can even get the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat on Galaxy Y.
Now, those are all Custom ROMs where you actually need to replace it with your original stock rom or any other ROM. Which is oblivious bit hectic and risky, assuming, whether it will be better than the existing one of not. So, today i bring you another way of getting Android 4.4.2 Kitkat based User Interface, look and feel without replacing your existing ROM. Yes, that is correct. This is just a theme where you dont need to do any R&D with your installed ROM. Have a look at the screenshots:
However this is not an APK file. You will need to flash the Theme package from the ClockwrokMod Recovery itself. But the process is quite simple. This process modifies few of your system files such as SystemUi.apk, DialerTabActivity.apk, Twframework-res.apk, Framework-res.apk, Settings.apk, etc But it is completely safe. The package have been tested successfully on Galaxy Y. But you will have to follow the procedure correctly. If, due to any mistake, your phone gets any problem, i wont be responsible for the same. If you agree, please check out the installation process provided below.
Let’s see how do we install this.
- First of you will need to download the Theme Package from here.
- Copy the file to your phone’s SD Card.
- Turn off the phone.
- Boot into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume up +Home + Power key altogether
- Once in Recovery, use the volume rockers to scroll up and down and Wipe battery stats ans Dalvik cache.
- Now select Install Zip from SD Card.
- Browse and select the downloaded file to install.
- It will take couple of minutes to install.
- Once completed, from the main recovery screen select Reboot System Now.
That’s it. After the boot you will find all new Kitkat UI on your Galaxy Y.