IT is now possible to install the latest version of Android operating system on Galaxy S4 GT I9500. Thanks to the custom update rom available. In this guide I am going to show you the complete steps to move ahead with Android JellyBean 4.3 installation on S4 GT I9500. The method is manual where it is necessary that you must go with proper care. The first thing is to check out the requirement list below so that you do not lose your data. Galaxy S4 GT I9500 is a great device powered by Quad Core processor, PowerVR SGX 544MP3 GPU and 2GB RAM. In terms of performance it is simply great offering you smooth output. Currently it lacks OTA update for the new version of Android. And here we are going to move ahead with update installation. The setup is quiet simple here. All you need is to keep proper downloads ready with you. So that there is no issue at the time of setup.
There are certain pre-requirement you must carry on before moving ahead. Being a manual process sometime this can be risky. That is due to low battery or damage download. So just checkout the list before before moving ahead with the final installation.
- It is necessary to backup all your data. Take a backup of everything. Your contacts, sms, applications, etc which you think are important. You can use a rom backup software for that or you can go ahead with any popular android backup software. Tons of them are available on Google Play. Download the best app as per your need and backup everything. After installing the mode you can restore them back.
- The process requires rooting. So below lies a guide to root the device also.
- Ensure that you are using the original Samsung usb cable for the process.
- Go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging.
- Check properly that your phone has more than 80% of battery. Do not go ahead with the installation process unless your phone is fully charged.
- Download Jellybean 4.3 Android OS Firmware Package. Download the file and save it on your desktop.
- More than 600MB of Free Space on External SD Card is required.
Rooting Galaxy S4:
Rooting is very important for any Android running smartphone if you are willing to install Custom ROMs. There are few disadvantages of Rooting but it brings several advantages as well. Hence, before we go for installation process, just follow the steps provided here for Rooting Galaxy S4.
Once you are ready with all above stuffs, lets move ahead and install the Android 4.3 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Copy the downloaded update in the SD card. The update size is more than 600MB.
- Then boot your phone in recovery mode. Turn off your device first.
- Hold Volume Up + Center Key + Power Button. The phone will boot in Recovery Mode
- Then choose Install from Zip Card. Select the update and run the installation.
- The setup will take sometime to finalize. Wait back.
- Once done just reboot the phone back again and done.