Galaxy S Advance I9070 has got official JellyBean firmware update. The update version is 4.1.2 XXLQ4. You can now enjoy all the features and performance benefit of Jellybean on Galaxy S Advance I9070. If you had missed the update then through a manual process you can get JB on this device. The procedure to perform the update is really simply. But it is essential that you take care while performing the update. The phone must not be turned off or there must be no disconnection or else the mobile can be bricked. Hence make sure that your Mobile phone’s battery is charged about 75%.
Here are few important things you need to take care before your start the process:
- As i said above make sure your phone is charged atleast 75% because if the phone gets turned off because of low battery than there may be huge problem.
- For safer side always keep a back up of your smartphone including contacts, messages, call logs. etc.
- Make sure Samsung USB drivers are installed on your computer.
The manual process can be done through ODIN. So you will also need download the following two files and save them on your hard drive before you start the process:
Now lets start the Update process:
- Once you got the update on your system install ODIN.
- You have to put the phone in download mode. Switch Off your phone and press the Home Key + Volume Down + Power for sometime.
- The phone will boot with android menu instead of regular GUI.
- Once you are done with that connect the phone with usb to the pc and then launch ODIN.
- In that you can see yellow color in ID:Com section. This means the device is connected.
- Now click on PDA and then choose the file that you had downloaded above. You have to extract it. There is a .tar file in it and click on start.
- Wait for some time until the process is over. You will get JellyBean on your device.
You can also do the same thing by putting the phone on USB Debugging mode. It is not really compulsory to put in under download mode. But you have to take care that your phone must have enough battery left. Or else the entire process will be failed. To put the device in USB debugging mode go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging. Follow the same process above.