Xiaomi Mi4 is one of the best smartphones available today in the market, specially at the cheapest price in its specifications range where you get 5 inch FHD IPS LCD OGS One Glass Solution Gorilla Glass 3 Display with 2.5Ghz Quad-core MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 Processor and 3GB RAM. Now, no matter how smart our Android phones are, we need to Root it in order to get complete Administrator access so that we can unlock its all capability to run any apps or games, or even to carry out some development tasks.
So, today in this guide we will find out how to Root your Xiaomi Mi4 and install ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery. The process has been tested successfully on Mi4 but still you must carry out this process on your own. Let’s check out the requirements first.
- Backup all important stuffs from your phone and keep them safe somewhere on your computer or cloud storage.
- Download the CWM and Rooting Package from here and save them on your desktop.
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers and install it on your computer
- Make sure phone’s battery is charged upto 60%
Rooting and installing CWM:
- Connect your phone with computer where you downloaded CWM and Rooting package.
- There are 3 files in the package. Copy them to phone’s SD Card
- Now disconnect the cable and launch “Updater App” on your phone.
- Now tap on Update package and first select CWM r8 zip file.
- Reboot the phone.
- Once you’re back, again to Updater app. You will see an option “Reboot to Recovery”. tap the same.
- The phone will reboot and boot in Recovery Mode.
- Now tap on install zip > select next file, i.e. “CWM r11”.
- Once installed, now go to Advance and select reboot recovery.
- Now again select Install zip > and select the last file supersu zip.
- Let it install.
- Once done, from main Recovery main, select Reboot.
That’s it. Your Xiaomi Mi4 is now rooted and having ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery. Enjoy !!
[Last Updated on]