Xiaomi has finally rolled out Android 6.0 Marshmallow based MIUI Global Beta ROM version 6.13.17. It brings a whole set of new features and enhancements to the devices. As of now this Android M based Beta ROM can be installed only in Mi 3, Mi 4 and Mi Note smartphones. More phones and tablets will be added soon.
If you are already running any MIUI Global Beta ROM, then upgrading to v6.13.17 is pretty easy. Just open up the ‘Updater’ app in your phone and check for new update. Once you this new ROM, tap to download and install. Make sure you are connected to WiFi while downloading the same because it is about 1.1 GB in size.
And if you are running any other ROM on your phone, MIUI stable ROM for example, then you will need to download the ROM and Flash it manually using Fastboot. Here’s the complete guide for Installing MIUI Beta via Fastboot. There’s huge list of new features and fixes done in this ROM, but here are some of its important highlights:
- New – Added account lock after flashing phone in Mi Cloud – Find device. Avoid risks of lost phone being used by others (12-22)
- New – Permission Manager supports managing permission to create home screen shortcut, and restricting all apps’ access to a specific permission in one press (01-20)
- New – Shortcuts to downloads and hidden folders in Explorers (02-16)
- New – Device-to-device wireless transfers in Explorer (02-16)
- New – Introducing card design for Explorer (02-16)
You can download the Update package for your respective Xiaomi smartphones from below provided direct links.