Solid Explorer is a utility for file system management for Android 2.2+, created by independent developer Krzysztof Głodowski. It is available for free download with no banners on Google Play, at least until it will remain in beta; later, when the code will be sufficiently mature, there is a premium version combined with a free with functional limitations, but always without publicity. The size of this file manager is also quite generous for about 9.3 MB.
Some interesting tweaks introduced by the developer make the exploration and manipulation of files even easier, first of all the support of drag & drop between panels to move files: just a tap & hold on an icon and drag it to the adjacent panel – for comparison, in a totally similar way like the operation of moving a widget from a Homescreen to other screen.
Solid Explorer is a file manager for Android devices. The App can be tested for 14 days but then you must purchase a license to continue using it. The application, in fact, allows you to manage the files stored on cloud services such as Dropbox, Google Drive and One Drive. It also connects to external services such as FTP server to access remote files.
Solid Explorer File Manager also has the ability to be able to manage compressed files such as ZIP, RAR and TAR. In addition, this file manager can also be used with root privileges to go to manage the system folders without any problem. The user interface, finally, is well designed to allow an intuitive use by all Android users.
Keep in mind that Solid Explorer File Manager offers the following features:
- Material Design!
- Two independent panels for browsing through files
- Many customization options: set of icons, colors, themes
- Ability to drag and drop files between the panels
- FTP, SFTP, WebDav, SMB / CIFS
- Ability to read and extract archives: ZIP, 7ZIP, RAR and TAR, also encrypted
- Ability to create ZIP archives and password protected 7ZIP
- Cloud services: Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, Google Drive, SugarSync, Copy, Mediafire, ownCloud, Yandex, Mega
- The Root access makes Solid Explorer root explorer fully functional
- Increase the functionality thanks to the separate plugin available on Google Play
- Indexed searching, find your files in a few seconds
- Detailed information about files and memory usage statistics
- Useful Tools: Hide unwanted folders, FTP Server (plugin), bookmarks, support of Chromecast, media manager
Download Solid Explorer File Manager from the link below:
[Last Updated on]