Nokia X is the first android phone that is released by Nokia. It comes with a bit outdated system UI. Nokia really selected a different way of presenting their phone. Instead of using the regular android operating system they had been working on their own firmware which had not made all happy. So here today I am going to show how you can install a custom rom this phone. You can get the android effect in this device. We are going to install Aurora Vanilla Android 4.1.2 on this phone which will make it look more better and the output will be amazing. This phone is powered by Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A5 processor and comes with 512MB of ram. It has Adreno 203 cpu and the phone runs on Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean).
There is no major update announced yet for this device. The current OS is basic and give you tile based usage. It is simple but not so effective. So here you can restore the android look on this phone making it work better. The rom installation procedure is simple. But remember that this required rooted device with custom recovery installed or else you cannot flash the internal rom.
- You will have to root the device and install custom recovery. This will void the phone warranty. So do this on your own risk.
- After rooting backup your phone data. You can also backup the entire rom if you want through Titanium backup pro.
- This will help you to restore the factory OS back if you are not happy with the output.
- After rooting you have to install TWRP Recovery that will be help to flash the rom.
- Download Aurora Vanilla Android 4.1.2 custom ROM firmware
- Download Google Apps Package from above link itself.
- Charge your phone completely before moving ahead. Do not attempt to flash if the device is not charged.
- You will need a sd card that with more than 1GB of free space.
- Connect the phone with pc through original usb cable. Then Copy Aurora Vanilla Android 4.1.2 custom ROM firmware and Google Apps Package in the memory card of Nokia X.
- Now boot the phone in recovery mode. For that turn off the phone first and then hold the volume + power button. The phone will start in recovery mode.
- You can use the volume key to navigate. From there choose install from zip card.
- Navigate to the location where you had saved the firmware Select Aurora Vanilla Android 4.1.2 custom ROM firmware.
- Let the setup run once over then select Google Apps Package.
- Wait back. When everything is over just reboot your phone and done.