Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 is a huge phablet. The device comes with Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean operating system and yet it has not received any Android Kitkat update. But today I will show you how you can have the latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system on Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3. The process is simple here. We are going to use a stock rom here that means it is an official one. So you don’t really have to root your phone.
The method is safe and most of the time it is going to provide you official Samsung features. The device has a dual core processor with 1.5GB ram. Android 4.4.2 Kitkat is going to work well on the same. OTA update for Android 4.4.2 Kitkat was released for Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3. But it is not yet provided in all parts of the world. The update is released in Russia. This stock rom is based on that. The new Android 4.4.2 Kitkat updates brings out a lot of new benefits and performance improvement. There is a enhanced battery life and wireless printing features. So let’s move ahead.
- It is recommended that you must backup your entire phone data before moving ahead. The process is going to wipe out the internal flash rom which will delete all the data. So just backup and then go ahead.
- Charge your phone to maximum. Do not attempt to move ahead if there is less charge. I
- Download the stock rom file. Do not test this rom on any other device.
- You will need a windows based pc for this process. You have to update your system with the latest Samsung usb drivers. If you had installed Samsung Kies then you can skip the processor.
- Go in settings and tap on developer options. Enable usb debugging.
- Download Odin flash software.
- Before moving ahead you have to check two things. First your phone has maximum charging and second your device usb debugging is enabled.
- Now extract the content of Odin and Firmware Package in a single folder on your pc desktop.
- Switch off the device. We will now boot the same in download mode. Turn off your phone.
- Then you have to hold the volume down + home + power button. The system will start in download boot with android logo.
- Now connect the phone to your pc with original usb cable.
- Start Odin.exe file. Check the ID:Com section. This will turn to yellow if the device is detected. If not then your system is not having the usb drivers.
- Now click on pda button and select the file with extention .tar.md5 from the folder on desktop.
- In the too add a tick on auto reboot and f.reset. Remove tick from all other stuff.
- Click on start button. The installation process will start. Wait back for some time.
- Once the process is over successfully you will get a PASS message. That’s it. Reboot your device.