Redmi Note 5 Pro turned to be the highest selling phone not only in India but around the world. The phone launched with MIUI 9 but later updated to MIUI 10, which is the best Custom UI Skin from the company so far offering bunch of new features, customizations, sounds, etc. You can see the completed features set of MIUI 10 here.
Now, although MIUI 10 is the latest update from Xiaomi, it is still based on Android 8 Oreo which is about 18 months old Android version. There are still several months to go we can see Android Pie on Xiaomi phones. Sure it will but the public beta testing for the same is yet to start.
But what if I say, you can run Android 9 Pie on your Redmi Note 5 Pro right away? Yes, it is possible. Developers have recently ported the Android 9 with Oxygen OS to Redmi Note 5 Pro. Although it is OnePlus’s skin but has Redmi like gestures and customizations, but it is bloat free and a little faster than MIUI.
If you want to give it a try, simply follow the below mentioned easy steps. But note, although the ROM has been tested on several Redmi Note 5 Pro, you can carry this procedure but on your own risk.
- Download Oxygen OS 9.0.2 (GApps included)
- Download Redwolf TWRP Recovery for Note 5 Pro
- Download Bypass Anti-Rollback
- Download ADB for Windows / Or Android zip for Mac
- Unlock the Bootloader of your Redmi Note 5 Pro from this Official Link.
Below mentioned steps are for Windows users, if you are going to carry out this process on MacOS, then follow the below steps:
1. Extract the android zip file received from the above requirements and then place the folder on the desktop.
2. Open terminal and Set the path of the current working directory as cd Desktop/Android.
4. Enter ./ADB-Install-Mac.sh
Now you have to flash the ROM on the device and that is quite easy, just like the above steps:
- 1. Switch off your smartphone.
- 2. Boot the phone in boot mode by just pressing simultaneously the power and volume button.
- 3. Connect your phone to PC using the USB cable.
- 4. Open the command prompt and move to the directory where you have stored the Zip file to bypass anti-rollback and Redwolf TWRP Recovery ZIP.
- 5. Type “Flashboot” and check if the phone is connected.
- 6. If the phone is connected, the type the following commands on the terminal-
fastboot flash antirbpassanti-rollback_filename.zip hit enter and then type fastboot flash recovery redwolf_twrp_filename.zip.
- 7. Now press the power and volume button simultaneously to open the phone in recovery mode.
- 8. There will be prompt to allow modification, allow yes.
- 9. Select ‘Wipe’, and choose ‘Advanced Wipe’, tick on ‘Dalvik / ART Cache’, ‘System’. ‘Data’, ‘Cache’ and then swipe towards the right to Wipe.
- 10. Click install while going back.
- 11. Go back to the location where you have stored the ROM file. It is recommended to keep ROM file on SD Card or USB OTG drives.
- 12. Select the ROM file and swipe towards the right to flash.
- 13. Reboot the device.
That’s it. Now your Redmi Note 5 Pro is running on latest Android 9.0 Pie using Oxygen OS.
[Last Updated on]