If you wish to enjoy the latest version of Android (Android Pie 9.0) on your Xiaomi Redmi note 4, you are at right place. Lately, a lot of people were asking about how to update their software in their Redmi note 4 because there’s doesn’t seem to be official Pie update coming for this model. So here we came up with a solution.
In case you didn’t know about the latest Android 9 (Pie) based Oxygen Os, it is OnePlus own custom skin came with intuitive navigation, dashboard, app timers, adaptive battery, and adaptive brightness and many more extraordinary features. We can now install it on Redmi Note 4 too. If you want to enjoy all these in your Redmi note 4, here we go.
First of all, make sure you meet the following prerequisites for Rom modification which is necessary to get it work properly.
- The device’s bootloader must be unlocked. Here’s the Official Way to do it.
- Your device must be sufficiently charged to take out the installation process
- Download OrangeFox Recovery for Redmi Note 4
- Download OxygenOS 9.0 ROM
- Download ADB.
Now let’s discuss the installation process, you have to more careful in the installation process because it needs to be done properly.
- If your device is already rooted, switch down your device and put it on Fast boot mode by long pressing both power and volume down key at the same time.
- Then after doing it connect your phone with a laptop by USB cable, open the command prompt and type the folder path in which you have downloaded orange fox recovery.
- Now type fastboot devices in command prompt and further wait if it is detected by the system.
- If the phone is detected by the system, Type fastboot flash recovery redwolf_twrp_filename.zip and enter to complete the process.
- After doing this long press the volume up and power button simultaneously to put the device in recovery mode.
- Then the device will further ask you to allow modification.
- Now after that go to ‘back up’ and take a backup of the small file.
- Now go to Fox folder in your computer, and save the extracted ROM in it.
- After doing that again switch off the device and put it recovery mode by holding power and volume up key together
- Then from options select wipe and choose advance wipe, further select Dalvik/art cache, system, data, cache, vendor and then swipe all right to wipe.
- After that go to Oxygen OS port and restore it.
- After swiping towards a right to restore it, your device will be ready with Oxygen OS port within 10 minutes.
A further precaution you have to keep in mind while doing this process that bootloader unlocking and flashing Rom can restrict your device to use it warranty card from any further damage in future.
[Last Updated on]