The game which has blown the minds of its fans because of the marvelous real time strategy is about to hit the globe just in few hours. Guessing which game, it is? I hope many of you know the answer. I am talking about Anno 1800. Anno 1800 is the next game in series of Anno. The game revolves around the industrial era, developed by Blue Byte studios and is owned by Ubisoft. We thought of compiling the complete anthology of the bugs and issues faced during the game play. So that you can build your empire a without facing any problem. This article will provide you the solution to majority of the issues that you could possibly face. There is some issue which are still pending and soon I am going to find their solution and will return to you guys with solution.
The guide is open to everyone, so anyone can access it and execute the steps stated to fix the issues in the game. So, let’s start…
First of all, check the minimum and system requirement for the game. This is primary steps to play any game is checking the requirement of resources so that you not face issue such as lagging in the game or graphic issue.
Anno 1800 Minimum System Requirements:
- OS:Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
- Processor:Intel i5 3470, AMD FX 6350
- Memory:8 GB RAM
- Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce 670 GTX or AMD Radeon R9 285 (2 GB of VRAM, Shader Model 5.0)
- DirectX:Version 11
- Storage:60 GB available space
Anno 1800 Recommended System Requirements::
- OS:Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
- Processor:Intel i5 4690k, AMD Ryzen 5 1400
- Memory:8 GB RAM
- Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce 970 GTX or AMD Radeon RX 480 (4 GB of VRAM, Shader Model 5.1)
- DirectX:Version 12
- Storage:60 GB available space
If your system fulfills these requirements than you will not face majority of below mentioned issues. If you have good high-end pc then you will not encounter the resolution and graphic issues. Having these requirements will improve efficiency and performance.
Anno 1800 – Unable to install
This is very normal error where you are trying to install the game but its not installing. Try the steps below and you will be able to fix the problem.
- Sometimes the antivirus software installed in the PC blocks the game from being installed. I have seen cases when the Norton Antivirus Software block the game from unknown sources. You can fix the issue by turning the antivirus software off during the installation time. You can go to settings and then and turn off your antivirus software for some time until you get your game installed.
- If the above option is not the issue you are facing, then try to check the DVD of the game. Sometimes the DVD is corrupt, or the case has scratches on it. Please check the scratches and you find them on your DVD. Then you must replace the DVD of your game.
- If you have installed the game using the iso image. Then there might be possibility where you install the game because of corrupted iso image. Try downloading another one and install it again.
- If nothing works, and you are unable to install the game. Then completely wipe of the gaming software from your system and delete the whole data related to the gaming software and try installing it again.
- And if you are not trying to be specific about the issues, then I advise you to reboot your system once. Majority of the issues get resolved by just rebooting the system.
Anno 1800 – Crashes on launch
Majority of players face this issue where the game crashes just the minute it is launched. This issue is directly related to the drivers. You should check the drivers, see whether they are up to date or not? If not, then try to get new ones. Start inspecting from the video drivers then motherboard drivers.
If your drivers are not updated then download the latest from the official website, install and then try running the game once more.
You can try these drivers – Download Nvidia Card drivers or Download AMD ATI Card drivers. If nothing is fixing the problem, then try using DirectX which will enable multimedia mode for the game.
Turn off UAC
This option could be a savior on windows machines where UAC might be blocking the game from being launched. UAC is user access control where the user can block the game from installation if are there any trust issues.
- Go to start button and the look for UAC.
- Click on UAC and then turn it off.
- Restart the pc and check again.
Anno 1800 – Lagging, Freezing and Low FPS Problems
Lot of players reports this issue and if you are too victim of this problem then you should perform these steps –
- Look for Manage 3d settings in the Nvidia Control Panel.
- Go to program setting and search “Power Management”.
- Set the performance from the performance menu according to the requirement and this will result in reducing lag.
You can also try to fix this issue by updating the drivers.
Anno 1800 – Resolution Issue
- The first thing that you should make sure to fix this issue is that you are fulfilling the minimum and recommended system requirements.
- You should also update the video drivers. Maybe, outdated video drivers are causing your screen to have poor resolution. Get the updated drivers from the official website.
- Try adjusting the resolution of the game. High resolution often results in lagging of game.
- Free your maximum resources while playing the game. Reduce the application that you are using while playing the game. Shut down the unused running apps and in fact the ones which are consuming high resources. You can kill them from the task manager, by simply stopping their processes in order to free the maximum CPU and RAM.
- Do not mess with the resolution feature of the game once it is installed.
- You can also lock game’s frame rate to your display’s refresh rate by turning vertical sync on.
- Turning off Antialiasing will also work. You can do that by looking for graphic card control panel and then turning the option off. Try Turn off triple buffering also.
ACU.exe is crashing with dll file
It can also be possible that the dll file of the game is missing. And if this is the case with you then you can download the dll file of the game from the official site and use it. Put it at the correct location and then re-run the game.
Anno 1800 – Disk Read Error
The disk might sometimes also create the issue. You need to update the disk drivers and then everything will work fine.
Anno 1800 – Black screen problem
Black screen is the problem where the player faces the video issue. The audio is coming but the video is not coming. The video drivers are savior in this.
- Try to install the video driver and then update the motherboard drivers.
- You can also try disabling the antivirus software maybe that is hampering the screen from being displayed.
- You can also kill the process in task manager which are occupying most of the resources in order to function everything properly.
Anno 1800 – No Audio
No audio is the problem where the audio from the device is not coming. You can directly cope with the problem by DXDiag.
- Go to the DirectX and adjust the sound.
- You can also update the latest video drivers which includes both motherboard and video drivers.
- Go to control panel. Look for hardware and sound. There clicks the communication tab, click do nothing and then restart the PC.
Unable to Save Game on Stream
These are the issue which occur when you are not able to play the game smoothly. You can always fix this issue by doing the following things-
- Exit the game. Validate the files.
- Reboot your system
- Try streaming the game again.
- Verify the integrity of the files on the local machine.
Anno 1800 Mouse Lagging
Mouse lagging occurs when you move and cannot see the screen properly. Fix that by doing the steps below-
- Go to video control panel.
- Set max frame = 2.
This will help in reducing the mouse lagging.
Let me familiar you with some errors
Error: “Cannot Install Anno 1800”
The error is very common and there is no straight forward answer to that. Check the minimum requirements and then update the drivers.
Error: “The application failed to initialize properly”
Outdated version of Microsoft visual runtime libraries. Update the libraries from the official site.
Error: “Anno 1800 – Install Fails, cannot install”
This is also very clear error. This is because of old version of Microsoft C++. You can download the new file of the setup and then install it again. After the installation just reboot your system and start the game again.
[Last Updated on]