Xiaomi today has become one of the most used Smartphone Brand all over the world. They sell each phones they launch, in millions. But still, i don’t understand, which brand sell their phones and their own pre-loaded apps with Ads on it? I have never seen in Samsung, Apple or Pixels. But Xiaomi, despite being one of the biggest brands, load their apps with Ads on it. Specially the apps we use most such as Mi Music, Mi Video and the Mi Browser. It is their own apps on their own operating system MIUI.
It was expected that Xiaomi will remove or atleast low down the Ads in their major software update MIUI 10, but unfortunately, nothing happened. They carried the trend in this new update too. Anyways, if you are one of the users irritated with Ads on your Xiaomi Phone, here is a guide that will help you to disable them easily.
Before jumping to steps, the very first thing we want to clear is, these guide is for disabling Ads on devices running MIUI 10 only. So make sure you phone is running on MIUI 10 by going to About Phone section under Settings.
How to Disable Ads on Xiaomi Phones running MIUI 10
1. Disabling MSA
- Start by going to Phone Settings > Additional Settings > Authorization & Revocation
- Now turn of the Slider for MSA
- A message will pop up for your permission to Revote with 10 seconds timer. Tap on Revoke.
- If you see a message saying Couldn’t revoke authorization, try again. Try 4 to 5 times until you get it done. For me, it happened in first attempt itself.
- Once done, go back to Additional Settings > Privacy > Ad Services
- Here simply Turn Off the Personalized Ad Recommendations. And you are done here.
2. Disabling Ads in Mi Video
Disabling Ads in MI Video is quite simple and short. Just follow these few steps:
- Go to Mi Video and Tap on Account at the bottom
- Now tap on Settings and Turn off Online Recommendation
- Also Turn Off Push Notifications.
3. Disabling Ads on Mi Browser
- To disable Ads on MI Browser, just go to Settings, tap System Apps, tap Browser, tap on Privacy & Security and turn off Personalized Services.
- Now go back to Settings, tap System Apps, tap Browser, tap Advanced and tap Set Start Page. Now change this to Google or any other web page you want. This will remove the default start page that comes loaded with so many promotional contents.
4. Disabling Ads on Mi Music
To disable Ads on Mi Music, go to Settings, tap System Apps, tap Music and turn off Receive Recommendations
5. Disabling Ads on Mi Security
To disable Ads on Mi Security, go to Settings, tap System Apps, tap Security and turn off Receive Recommendations
6. Disabling Ads in Mi File Manager
- To disable Ads in Mi File Manager, open it and tap on the top left Menu icon.
- Now tap Settings > tap About > Turn Off Recommendations.
7. Disabling Ads in MIUI Cleaner
- Open MIUI Cleaner and tap on the Brush icon on the top right of the screen
- Now tap on the Gear icon and Turn Off Receive Recommendations
That’s it. You have now disabled almost all Advertisements on your phone. You now have the Ads free Xiaomi Phone. Enjoy !
[Last Updated on]