Kodi is a popular entertainment hub for Windows, Linux, Android and iOS. It comes with a 10-foot user interface for use with TV and remote control. You can view a number of videos, music and any digital content from local storage as well as online using Kodi, considered as one of the best Home Theater.
Kodi is best suitable for home entertainment, more preferably to be used with big screen. Although, you can navigate Kodi on your Windows PC using keyboard and mouse. But having a remote control is obviously more convenient. How about using your Android or iOS smartphones as a Remote control for Kodi on your Windows 10 PCs?
Yes, you can set up a Kodi remote with your smartphone and use it in the same way you use a TV remote making it easier to use. In this article, we are providing the steps for setting up a Kodi remote control on Windows 10 using Android or iOS phone. Here is How to set up Kodi Remote Control on Windows PC using Android and iOS:
First, Install Kodi on your Windows PC.
- Download the Kodi installer from the official site of Kodi.
- Select and open the downloaded file and click Yes to continue the install process.
- In the Kodi Setup Wizard, click Next to continue
- Click “I Agree” button to confirm the License Agreement.
- Select the components to install and click Next.
- Browse and select the folder where you want to install the setup files.
- Click the Install button.
- Click Finish after installation is done.
After installing the Kodi app, you need to configure your PC before setting up a remote controller.
How to Setup Windows 10 Kodi Remote
- Go to Kodi app and click on the gear icon at the top.
- Click on Settings and select System Information.
- Note down Mac and IP address of your PC as it will be required to set up remote application in your phone.
- Now go back to Kodi’s Home page.
- Again, select the gear icon at the top and then, Select Settings.
- Go to Service Settings and select Control.
- Select Web server and then, enable the option Allow remote Control via HTTP.
- Tap the Application Control then enable the option Allow remote control from applications on other systems.
Although you can create your own username and password in the Service settings, but, it is recommended to use the default credentials in order to avoid any connectivity glitches. After configuration is done, your PC is ready to pair with the remote app in your smartphone.
The official Kodi remote control app is compatible with both Android and iOS phones. So, here we are providing the steps to set up Kodi remote control app in Android and iOS devices.
Here is How to Setup Kodi Remote on Android
The official remote for Kodi is Kore. It is very easy to use and you can control Kodi using your phone through it. Kore app allows you to play videos, movies, music and any content along with providing options to change subtitles, manage playlist and many more. Moreover, you can also clean and update the Kodi using Kore app.
- First, download the Official Kodi Remote app for Android phone.
- Now open Kore app in your phone.
- Under the option Setup guide, select Next to move to the configuration mode.
- In the manual configuration mode, fill in the necessary system details which you have noted earlier like IP address, Mac address, username, and password.
- Select option Test, on doing this the app will automatically connects to the Kodi.
- Click on Finish.
- Now, you can use your Android phone as a remote for Kodi. Just, click the arrow keys and centre button on your remote app to navigate to Kodi menus.
Here is How to Setup Kodi Remote on iOS.
- Download and Install the Official Kodi Remote app for your iOS device.
- Now, open the Official Kodi Remote app and select the Add Host option and fill the system details like Description, IP address, port, Mac address, username and password which you’ve noted earlier.
- Click Save and the app will automatically connect to Kodi. You can now use your iOS device as Kodi remote.
- Click the arrow keys and center button on your remote app to navigate to Kodi menus.
[Last Updated on]