The manufacturer ‘Cat’ has entered into the telecommunication industry with the announcement of Cat S50 smartphone at IFA 2014. It will be the most high end device built to last longer. This phone is running on Android 4.4 KitKat OS. It comes with a 4.7 inch display with 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. The top of the screen is covered with Corning’s Gorilla Glass 3 for more protection.
There is a 1.2 GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 400 Processor for smooth performance and with the processor there is Adreno 305 GPU for smooth gaming. There is 8.0 MP camera with LED Flash and a VGA front facing camera for selfies and video chats. Cat S50 also offers you 2GB RAM for multitasking and there is a 8GB of internal storage with option to expand your storage with microSD card. For powering the device there is a 2630mAh battery as well.
Now coming onto the features of the phone, Cat S50 gives you protection body with Mil Spec 810G Certification which can even hold out against the direct fall onto the concrete. More to give you is the IP67 Certification for Water and Dust resistance. It is even a scratch resistant phone with Gorilla Glass protection and a unique feature which is wet finger tracking which lets you use the phone even when your fingers are wet. It is powered by Waves Audio which enhances the audio performance of the phone for better experience even when we are out. Let’s check the specs in more details.
List of specifications for Cat S50:
- Android 4.4 KitKat OS
- 4.7 inch HD Capacitive Display with Corning’s Gorilla Glass 3
- 720 x 1280 Pixels Resolution
- 1.2 Ghz Quad-core Snapdragon 400 Processor with Adreno 305 GPU
- 8.0 MP rear Camera with LED Flash
- VGA front facing Camera
- 2GB RAM
- 8GB Internal Storage, Expandable with microSD card
- Waves Audio Enhancing Technology
- IP67 Certified for Water and Dust Resistance
- Mil Spec 810G Certified for heavy Impact
- Wet Finger Tracking
- 3G , Bluetooth 4.0 LE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, WiFi Hotspot, GPS GLONASS, NFC
- 2630mAh battery
Cat S50 is priced at $499 or €479 and will be available in Forest and Slate colors with shock absorbent rubber case.
[Last Updated on]