If you are fed up of your default Android Os then you can root your phone with help of rooting your phone. To get your Samsung S4 rooting, you will need to carry out some procedure.
- Backup the entire phone including your multimedia files, contacts, messages, etc because the process can wipe out your data. There are several apps available on Google for backing up the phone.
- Make sure the phone is charged atleast 70 because if the phone gets drained during this process, phone may get dead.
- Enable USB debugging mode from settings of your phone.
- You have to download Kies software and also download CF-Auto-Root Package for Galaxy S4 GT-I9505. Also download Odin.
- Extract the zip folder and you will get .tar file and for odin zip file you will get odin3 v3.07.exe file.
- Now switch off your phone and boot your device in download mode by holding volume down, home and power button till device turns on
- After device is turned on you should hold volume up key to enter in to download mode.
- Connect your device to computer so that Odin detects your device and you will be prompt with message of “Added”.
- If your Odin fails to detect your device then you will have to reinstall the drivers.
- Select PDA button in Odin and select downloaded .tar file.
- In Odin make sure that “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time” are checked and “Re-Partition” check box is unselected.
- Check on with Start button in Odin to start flashing Android 4.1.2 firmware.
Thats it. You will see a confirmation message when the process is completed. The device will reboot automatically. Now your Galaxy S4 I9505 is rooted using Chainfire Auto-Root. Download and install “Root Checker” from Google Play to verify your device is rooted.