Android Beam which was first introduced in Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich was not successful that time. Now with the release of new Android 5.0 Lollipop version Google has added Android Beam in the Share menu from which you are enable to send files, documents and even photos from one to another phone by just touching both the device together. The best part is that if you have stored files or photos on cloud as well which is not physically present on your device it will also work on that. But for that the sending device should have the Android Lollipop or above and both the devices should have NFC as well.
To beam any file or photo is very simple process as you are opening any app which is connected with it and clicking on Share icon. So in below mentioned guide we will guide you how to use Android Beam.
- If you to send a photo or anything open the Gallery app find that photo.
- Now click on option and tap on Share icon.
- Then click on Android Beam and touch the rear panel of both the devices.
- Wait till the messages Beam was successful on both the devices and it’s done.
- Now if you want to transfer file then maybe you want to use and app like Astro File Manager or ES Filer Explorer.
- If you already in your download folder then just use the Downloads app which is found on many Android devices.
- Many manufacturers also provide their own file manager version that will also do.
- As we have already mentioned Android Beam will also work with cloud as well.
- So if you want to share a photo or document that is not physically present on your phone but it is there in Dropbox so we can share it.
- In this case you need to use the Export feature and then select Android Beam.
- Now you will able to send photo or document to another phone.
One thing I like to inform you that you cannot use Share feature in Dropbox because it sends a link to the image or file instead of actual file. Google+ is also a cloud service so it can work with Share menu Google+ photos as well.