Samsung Galaxy S3 owners are bundled up with many upgrades and now Android 4.2.2 JellyBeer Custom ROM is also compatible with Samsung Galaxy S3. If you wish to get this update on to your phone then all you have to carry out some procedures and take care of few steps.
- Before going with the upgrade process, make sure to take a backup of your data, apps and other settings of your phone
- Make sure your battery is charged fully as this procedure will take some time and your phone should not switch-off in between.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your phone from settings
- Bootloader on to your phone should be unlocked and ClockworkMod Recovery should be also installed
- Download Google apps package to install all necessary google apps.
- Download JellyBeer ROM and save both files on your desktop
- Connect the phone via Cable and Copy both JellyBeer ROM and Google apps package to your Phone’s SD Card
- Now switch off the phone and boot in to recovery mode by holding volume down and power button
- Scroll down using volume key and select Wipe Data
- Select Advanced option and clear cache memory as well as wipe dalvik cache.
- Now from the main recovery screen select “install zip from SD Card”
- Choose zip from SD-card.
- Browse to Android 4.2.2 JellyBeer Custom ROM and install
- Repeat the same procedure to install Google apps by selecting “Choose Zip from SD-card” and select “Gapps.zip” and start installation process.
- Wait till your installation process completes.
- Now from the main recovery screen select ‘Reboot System’
After the completion you will find that your Samsung S3 is installed with Android 4.2.2 JellyBeer Custom ROM.
[Last Updated on]