Xiaomi announced MIUI 8 back in May, whose Beta testing was started from June 1st and as per the promise, they rolled out MIUI 8 China Developer Preview at the scheduled date. The ROM is compatible with huge list of Xiaomi devices. Which means, if you are Xiaomi user, you have huge chance to get this update right away on your phone and get all the new features of MIUI 8 right away to your device, before the world gets it in the stable update.
There are many ways of getting MIUI 8 Developer ROM on your phone. if you are already using any latest Developer version ROM, then you can simply go to Updater app and get this via OTA. But if you are using any Stable ROM, then you will have to Flash MIUI 8 manually, which is pretty easy too. It just required few clicks and done.
Interested to update your Xiaomi phone to MIUI 8 Developer ROM? Let’s do it.
- Backup the entire phone and data because this process will (probably) erase everything.
- Charge up the phone to atleast 80% to make sure it won’t get drained out during the process.
- Download MIUI 8 Developer ROM for your Phone Model (choose wisely)
- Download the Official MIUI ROM Flashing Tool
- Download latest Official Xiaomi USB Driver
- Make sure your phone is Unlocked
Installing MIUI 8 Developer ROM:
- Start by installing the USB Drivers and the install downloaded Flashing Tool
- Turn off your phone completely.
- Now press and hold Volume + Power key to boot the phone in Fastboot Mode.
- Now connect to the PC using original or fully working USB cable
- Now extract the Download ROM package in a folder (folder on desktop would be better).
- Run the Flashing Tool, click Browse and select the Folder Path where the ROM is extracted.
- Now Click on ‘Refresh’ button, wait for few seconds and then click ‘Flash’ button
- Now leave the PC and phone idle. Wait for few minutes until the tool installs the ROM file.
- The progress Bar must turn Green once the ROM is installed successfully.
- Your phone should Reboot automatically.
Once it is back, you will find the all new MIUI 8 running on your Xiaomi smartphone. Alternatively, you can also Flash MIUI 8 Developer ROM using Xiaomi PC Suite. Here is the step by step Guide to do the same. Although the MIUI version is different but the process is exactly same. For more Comprehensive Guide for flashing, check this.